Thread: Control-click for right-click on text not working?

Default Control-click for right-click on text not working?

In Mac OS 10.8.4 on an early 2008 iMac, I can't get control-click (for right-click) to work when looking at a text (e.g., to open a sentence diagram). Control-click is otherwise working in my other programs.

Is there something in Preferences I need to enable for this?

As I am sure you are aware, BW9 is running on a Mac using an emulator. As such, Mac keyboard shortcuts do not work. I am not aware of any preference or shortcut solution to your issue. I use a MBP and simply use the two finger tap for the right mouse.

Yes, exactly! I had BibleWorks on a MBP and took for granted the two-finger right-click. Now that I've changed jobs, I no longer have access to that computer and have an iMac instead. I wouldn't think of this as a "keyboard shortcut," though, so I'd think it would be something BW would want fully functional for a good Mac experience across the board?

Of course, if I end up with a magic trackpad, that would fix this....

To any BibleWorks staff reading this--is this already listed somewhere as a known issue for desktop Macs?

Is it a one-button mouse? With the mouse plugged in, go to System Preferences | Mouse. Is Secondary click enabled?

Michael

Yes on both counts. Does this work for other folks?

Abram, I don't have a one-button mouse so I am not able to test it.

Is your mouse a mighty mouse?

If not, is it older than a mighty mouse?

Does control-click work for you in other applications?

I'm in touch with our CodeWeavers contact. They ask if you have enabled Secondary click under System Preferences | Mouse (not Trackpad).

Thanks!
    Michael

Ah, that helped! Thanks, Michael. Yes, it's a one button mouse. I didn't realize clicks on different areas of the mouse could be set up (to include secondary). It's actually a one-button mouse with the littler roller ball in the middle toward the top, which I've now set to right-click.

What's odd is that control-click, which does work as right click on other applications, does not work in BibleWorks. That's what I was expecting. So that could be worth following up on.

However, this is definitely a good solution for me. Thank you!!