Thread: Readable Study Guides.

Default Readable Study Guides.

I know this has been asked before, but I will ask again. I have Bible Works 9, I have upgraded since 7. I recently updated my OS to Windows 7, so I have none of my old files from previous installs. I used to love the written study guides. I was wondering if there was a way to get them. Is it just a matter of loading one of my older discs?
    Chris Sansom
    M. Div. Concordia Seminary
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!

The guides I was referring to were the ones that used to be on the start up screen. I was able to get them by re-installing BW7. I love these "how to" guides and wish they were in BW9, perhaps in BW10, I may have to suggest that.
    Chris Sansom
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!

In BW9, if you go to the BW Options Window (wrench icon) and click on the General Flags "Startup Options" does clicking on "Show Getting Started Window on Startup" get what you want?
    Mark Eddy

The following screen prints from BW8 and BW9 demonstrate the change that Sansom48 is unhappy about. BW appears to have made a decision to carefully document the various features of BW, and get out of the business of giving advice on how to do the larger interpretive tasks.

Name:  BW8 Study Guides.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  353.5 KB

Name:  BW9 Getting Started.jpg
Size:  290.9 KB

I agree that it would be nice to have those study guides back.

--Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wert View Post
    The following screen prints from BW8 and BW9 demonstrate the change that Sansom48 is unhappy about. BW appears to have made a decision to carefully document the various features of BW, and get out of the business of giving advice on how to do the larger interpretive tasks.

Name:  BW8 Study Guides.jpg
Size:  353.5 KB

Name:  BW9 Getting Started.jpg
Size:  290.9 KB

I agree that it would be nice to have those study guides back.

--Jim
    I believe all that information is still available. If from the BW9 "Getting Started" screen you posted you then click on "Bibleworks How-To Videos," you get essentially the same information. I think the difference of which Sansom was speaking is that it is all on video now, rather than being in documents.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

Yes the information, as in the how to videos, for certain features are all still there and I think there is even more. For that I am thankful. I do love the videos. However, there is just something about using the tools to compile something specific, it is like doing a word problem in math as opposed to just a generic algebra problem. I loved the guides in BW 7 and 8, they didn't just tell you how to do specific task they gave you a generally good idea of one way you could use them. Starting with 7 I used the guides and they helped quite a bit, I would like to go through them again, hence the post. I have them now so I am good. Thanks for all the help.
    Chris Sansom
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!