Thread: gntvoc.vrc

Hybrid View

Default gntvoc.vrc

Hey,

recently I renamed the vocabulary flashcard of Stoy (sbglg.vrc/vrt) into the gntvoc.vrc/vrt to test my word tips in german. Then after that I accidently deleted the original gntvoc.vrc/vrt files and had only the copied ones left. I changed the process back with the copied files but my word tips are still in german. Is it because only the original gntvoc-files are useful for that??
    I seem to remember you said already someting to me, Michael (H.)? You know, we someday already wrote about the almost same topic but I canīt exactly remember.

Blessings,
    Steffen

Quote Originally Posted by christlove View Post
    Hey,

recently I renamed the vocabulary flashcard of Stoy (sbglg.vrc/vrt) into the gntvoc.vrc/vrt to test my word tips in german. Then after that I accidently deleted the original gntvoc.vrc/vrt files and had only the copied ones left. I changed the process back with the copied files but my word tips are still in german. Is it because only the original gntvoc-files are useful for that??
    I seem to remember you said already someting to me, Michael (H.)? You know, we someday already wrote about the almost same topic but I canīt exactly remember.

Blessings,
    Steffen
    Steffen, why don't you email me and we'll try to make things right. I think I understand what's happening, but it's easier to solve it privately rather than here.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

For those listening in, this is essentially what I think should be the normal order of operations for playing with the gntvoc files. I do stress at the beginning that you need to make copies of these files before playing around with this!

You only really need to mess with the .vrc file. The .vrt file is the plain-text version (pre-compiled).

You start out with the normal gntvoc.vrc file, and copy it to another version say gntvoc-copy.vrc

Then you copy the Stoy files sbglg.vrc to have a backup

Then you delete the file gntvoc.vrc and rename one of the sbglg.vrc files to gntvoc.vrc

When you restart BW if the glosses aren't those from Stoy, then open the Vocabulary Module and make sure it is set to gntvoc.vrc. Close the module and restart BibleWorks

Now BW should be using the glosses from Stoy.

To get back to the original files, close BibleWorks and then delete gntvoc.vrc (currently the stoy files) and rename the gntvoc-copy.vrc back to gntvoc.vrc. Restart BW (open the Vocab Module if necessary and restart BW) and you should have your original glosses back.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!