Thread: Exporting Greek fonts without accents or breathing marks - possible or not ?

Hybrid View

Default Exporting Greek fonts without accents or breathing marks - possible or not ?

Dear friends, I need the Greek text exported from BibleWorks *without* accents or breathing marks for a textcritical work. Is this somehow possible ? I've found no possibility. I'd glad to get an answer, even if it's *not* possible, so that I can stop trying to find out how. Thank you in advance - Yours Peter, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Dear friends, I need the Greek text exported from BibleWorks *without* accents or breathing marks for a textcritical work. Is this somehow possible ? I've found no possibility. I'd glad to get an answer, even if it's *not* possible, so that I can stop trying to find out how. Thank you in advance - Yours Peter, Germany
    I do not think that is possible. If this is a long-term need for you, your best bet would be to create a search/replace script in Word to remove them after you have copied the text.

The other alternative would be to export an entire BibleWorks version in Greek in BWGRKL font or CCAT, use a text editor to remove all accents and breathing marks and recompile the text. Come to think of it, this might be the quicker option. If you use CCAT, you only have to do a replace all for ( ) / \ ^
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    I do not think that is possible. If this is a long-term need for you, your best bet would be to create a search/replace script in Word to remove them after you have copied the text.

The other alternative would be to export an entire BibleWorks version in Greek in BWGRKL font or CCAT, use a text editor to remove all accents and breathing marks and recompile the text. Come to think of it, this might be the quicker option. If you use CCAT, you only have to do a replace all for ( ) / \ ^
    Dear Michael, it's good to have you here in the Forum ! Thank you. Your solution makes sense. Another solution is to copy the base text of the CNTTS apparatus into my document, there are no accents or breathing marks. But here is the disadvantage that I don't know how to change the font size of the Greek text. Or is that not possible ? Thanks for this time ! Yours Peter, Germany www.streitenberger.com

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Dear Michael, it's good to have you here in the Forum ! Thank you. Your solution makes sense. Another solution is to copy the base text of the CNTTS apparatus into my document, there are no accents or breathing marks. But here is the disadvantage that I don't know how to change the font size of the Greek text. Or is that not possible ? Thanks for this time ! Yours Peter, Germany www.streitenberger.com
    When I copy the CNTTS text as you said into Word, the text is in the BWGRKL font. Didn't you want it in Unicode, or does that not matter?
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    When I copy the CNTTS text as you said into Word, the text is in the BWGRKL font. Didn't you want it in Unicode, or does that not matter?
    The paper should have the BWGRKL font, not Unicode. That's ok, but it's not possible to change the font size, isn't it ? Yours Peter