Thread: Biblical Antiquities of Philo

Default Biblical Antiquities of Philo

I am trying to install this. in the instructions it says that I need to append to the "book.bna" file. I found the file, but how do I open it to append it? when I clicked on it my computer says it is an unknown file format .... so what do I do.

Thanks

Wray Bryant
    E. Wray Bryant
    Associate Professor
    Capital University
    1 College and Main
    Columbus, Ohio 43209
    wbryant@capital.edu

I have found the easiest way is to open the books.bna file with NotePad or WordPad. Then you can paste in the new book names at the end of the file, save it, and then launch BibleWorks. Actually (in order to avoid the possibility of my messing up BibleWorks) I first copied the books.bna to another directory, then renamed it (e.g. books1.bna) then moved it back into the BibleWorks "init" folder. Then from within BibleWorks click on the wrench icon to open the "BW Options Window." Click on "Book Names". Then click "Open", and from the list of available .bna files, choose the one you just created to open it. Save it, and you should be good to go. I thought that somewhere on the unofficial BibleWorks blog there was a .bna file available which has all the added user database book names. If not, I could e-mail you mine, named books_2.bna. Then you wouldn't have to go through this process every time you added new extra-biblical books. Mark Eddy

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Eddy View Post
    I have found the easiest way is to open the books.bna file with NotePad or WordPad. Then you can paste in the new book names at the end of the file, save it, and then launch BibleWorks. Actually (in order to avoid the possibility of my messing up BibleWorks) I first copied the books.bna to another directory, then renamed it (e.g. books1.bna) then moved it back into the BibleWorks "init" folder. Then from within BibleWorks click on the wrench icon to open the "BW Options Window." Click on "Book Names". Then click "Open", and from the list of available .bna files, choose the one you just created to open it. Save it, and you should be good to go. I thought that somewhere on the unofficial BibleWorks blog there was a .bna file available which has all the added user database book names. If not, I could e-mail you mine, named books_2.bna. Then you wouldn't have to go through this process every time you added new extra-biblical books. Mark Eddy
    thanks for the instructions. it will take me a while to get that computer literate....so, I will take you up on the offer in the meantime..
    E. Wray Bryant
    Associate Professor
    Capital University
    1 College and Main
    Columbus, Ohio 43209
    wbryant@capital.edu