Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revised Common Lectionary Module Addin

Default Revised Common Lectionary Module Addin

Thanks to the work that Jenee Woodard does at The Text This Week (textweek.com) in providing lectionary resources (and for her permission to use the tables she created for years A, B, and C) and the amazing job that Pasquale Amicarelli does in converting html into BibleWorks modules, there is now a BibleWorks module that lists all the texts for Years A, B, and C of the Revised Common Lectionary. Within BW, it is a great way to see if and when a text is used. (The link will show up in the Resource Summary tab.) As a help file, it is very nice to have the weekly texts at your fingertip or just hover over them to get a quick idea of what the text is about.

For now, I have the file downloadable at my blog, but I've also passed it along to The Bibleworks Blog.
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

Thanks Mark, I posted it on the BibleWorks blog too.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

What a wonderful resource! Very helpful indeed.

Is there any way to change the default Bible versions that pop up within the RCL module when you hover over a lectionary text?

SES

Default Changing popup versions

Yes, it is possible to change the popup versions in BW7.

On the main BibleWorks menu, select View | Choose Popup Versions. That window gives you the ability to change the versions that pop up. You can even display different versions when you hold down the shift key. These can be changed there, too.

If you need help when you have the Change Popup Versions window open, simply place your cursor on the window and press the F1 key to open the online help.

Blessings,
    Glenn

Greetings Glenn, and thank you for your guidance. I made the changes and it worked like a charm.

The more time I spend with BW7, the more I like it. What a fantastic resource. Thanks to you and the BW staff for a great product.

SES

I'm glad that BW is working well for you.

There is so much there, that I still find things that it will do that I never knew was there, or which I forgot about. I just found out one today, in fact.

Blessings,
    Glenn

Default Next steps needed to view RCL details

Perhaps I'm trying to run before I can walk but I saw this post about RCL info and thought "that's most useful" so I have downloaded the ZIP file to BW/databases and unzipped and unblocked the files as indicated but cannot see the RCL reference in the Resouces Summary Tab. Do I have to do something like compile these files? Would be grateful if someone could point a real novice at the "how to" thread that's doubtless been posted before. Thanks

Default Rcl

1) Keep in mind that it will only show up in the Resource Summary tab if the verse you are looking at actually occurs in the RCL.

2) You can check to see if you are okay by using the menu: Resources > Lectionary > RCL ABC
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman

Default RCL still not on Resource Summary tab

Thanks MGVH. Your reply #2 showed me something was missing but I couldn't see how to add it. In desparation I tried closing and reopening BW and lo there was Resources > Lectionary > RCL ABC where it hadn't been before. However, I still can't hover/place/click on a verse I know is in the RCL and find any reference to it on the Resource Summary tab. Is there something else I should do now? I thought, for example, that it would tell me that John 4:5 was Lent 3 Year A. Am I mistaken?

Default Rcl

The RCL does show up for me at John 4.5.
    If it shows up in your Resources now, then it should be good to go.
    Two things I can think of:
    1) Did your Resource Summary tab refresh so that it is indeed showing John 4.5?

2) On the Resource Summary tab, click on the "References" sub-tab. Make sure the RCL option is checked.

Mark
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman