Thread: Troubles Activating Libronix

Default Troubles Activating Libronix

I need some help:
    I have just purchased two software items that use Libronix.
    I loaded them into the computer, and when I went to register them, I was told to go to "Account Manager", which I did.
    I entered the serial numbers for them both but the "next" button would not highlight for me to continue. The "Help File" says that I have to go through "Account Manager" in order to set up an account in order to register them but it won't let me even get to that stage.
    I have double checked.
    Triple checked.
    Removed the software and started again and still nothing.
    Has anybody had this problem before?
    How did you resolve it?
    Many thanks .

This is getting stranger:
    I went to my wife's computer, and loaded one of the programs onto it.
    It loaded perfectly, and I was able to create an account, activate the program and received back the "Confirmation Code" as well as the "Activation Code".
    I went back to my computer and, using the "Existing User" check box and "Enter Codes", progressed through.
    However, when I typed in my "Customer ID" and then the "Confirmation Code", and pressed "next" nothing!
    Stuck.
    Obviously the problem is my computer but I don't know why.
    I did notice on my wife's computer that when I typed in the Serial Number, the box turned RED until I had completed typing the number in. It didn't do this on my machine.
    My wife is running Vista, I am running Windows 7.
    Beyond that I don't know what is going on.

Not to be too short with you, but you do know they have customer service and their own set of forums, don't you? I wouldn't even begin to know what might be wrong, but they should be able to help you.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    Not to be too short with you, but you do know they have customer service and their own set of forums, don't you? I wouldn't even begin to know what might be wrong, but they should be able to help you.
    You aren't being the least bit short, Michael. But there was a bit of "method in the madness", so to speak.

The Libronix website said to go to "Logos", but these aren't Logos programs. (Tyndale Commentary produced by IVP, and Word Commentary produced by Thomas Nelson).

I went through the Logos website, but couldn't find anything - at least, anything I thought answered my problem.

The 12 hour time difference between here and Eastern Standard Time makes it difficult to talk to anyone direct.

And, most importantly, I have read on this forum that a number of people are using Logos as well as Bible Works so I thought I would ask here where I "know people" as there appears to be a lot of knowledge that I could access.

I have, however, taken your advice and asked on the Logos Forum.

To my knowledge as long as it works in the Libronix format, Logos is still the company responsible for tech support. If you find out differently, I'd be surprised, but they're the ones responsible for the activation system and software.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

This has been the strangest set of circumstances.

• I loaded Libronix – but after several attempts, could not register the software I had purchased.

• I downloaded Logos 5 – as someone on the Logos Forum helpfully suggested – but I could not register the software I had purchased.

• After numerous attempts, I gave up and "uninstalled" both Libronix and Logos 5.

• I then went on to do some of my "real work" – and found that Microsoft Word had changed. I normally do my work on A5 paper – a good size for sermons. But all of a sudden Word didn't have an A5 option.

• I proceeded to work in A4 – and when I went to print out my Bible Study for tomorrow night – both of my printers had disappeared.

• I tried to load the printer drivers – and neither were accepted by the computer. "Not compatible with this version of Windows" was the error message.

• I was thinking "virus" through the various downloads – but I had run the scans, so that wasn't it. So, as a "last resort", I did a "system restore" to a point prior to my attempt with Libronix – and everything is now back to normal.

• I am not blaming these other software products. Obviously, something happened that was incompatible, or overwrote what was there, or something. I am just glad it is back to normal. Well, my version of normal, anyway.

Last edited by jimofbentley; 06-19-2013 at 04:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimofbentley View Post
    This has been the strangest set of circumstances.

• I loaded Libronix but after several attempts, could not register the software I had purchased.

• I downloaded Logos 5 as someone on the Logos Forum helpfully suggested but I could not register the software I had purchased.

• After numerous attempts, I gave up and "uninstalled" both Libronix and Logos 5.

• I then went on to do some of my "real work" and found that Microsoft Word had changed. I normally do my work on A5 paper a good size for sermons. But all of a sudden Word didn't have an A5 option.

• I proceeded to work in A4 and when I went to print out my Bible Study for tomorrow night both of my printers had disappeared.

• I tried to load the printer drivers and neither were accepted by the computer. "Not compatible with this version of Windows" was the error message.

• I was thinking "virus" through the various downloads but I had run the scans, so that wasn't it. So, as a "last resort", I did a "system restore" to a point prior to my attempt with Libronix and everything is now back to normal.

• I am not blaming these other software products. Obviously, something happened that was incompatible, or overwrote what was there, or something. I am just glad it is back to normal. Well, my version of normal, anyway.

Jim,

The easiest way to do this is to send an email to Logos customer service. Make sure that you use the email that you Logos account is associated with. Tell them the product name and also the serial number of the Libronix product you are trying to register. After they send an email back, the next time you open up Logos, it will inform you that you have something to download, after the download and the indexing you will be good to go.
    Numbers 6:24-26
    יְבָרֶכְךָ יְהוָה וְיִשְׁמְרֶךָ׃
    יָאֵר יְהוָה פָּנָיו אֵלֶיךָ וִיחֻנֶּךָּ׃
    יִשָּׂא יְהוָה פָּנָיו אֵלֶיךָ וְיָשֵׂם לְךָ שָׁלוֹם׃