Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: non-Unicode Hebrew to Unicode & removing vowel points

Thank you very much!
    It is a little bit different from what you have described. I guess because you use an old version of BW? (Mine is BW 9.0. It is Unicode already, therefore I think there is no need to choose a Unicode font as such. But it would be helpful to help my professor. Thank you.)
    However, I was able to insert a verse into the Word. I learned a new skill. Thank you very much!

If I did it rightly, it seems that I can only insert a version to the Word. It is not changing the words in the word document to Unicode. Therefore, in most cases, where they were only word(s), phrase(s) rather than a verse, this function does not help much.

Quote Originally Posted by SkipB View Post
    First in BW works place the cursor in the browse window and press<x> (just the letter, not brackets).
    In your document, at the position you want to copy to, press <control><shift><b>. This will open your pop up copy window.
    You will need to configure your format the first time so when the window opens left click Favorites. Select "configure copy popup favorites" from the bottom of the drop down menu.
    This will open the "BW Options Window" with verse list or range selected.
    Make sure that Export Unicode Hebrew is checked. Select Where to copy the verse list with the radio buttons.
    Next in the list at the left select Fonts under the general heading, now select the appropriate Unicode Hebrew font and size. Click OK and it will take you back to the popup. Enter the verse range you want to copy and it will insert it in you document.
    Check you have a copy of the original in your document except no accents or vowels then delete pointed text.

I hope that is clear enough.

Default The Browse Window

In my previous post, I had mentioned that you had the choice of the popup copy window or highligting and copying from the browse window. For words or parts of a verse that is how you would do it. With a selection highlighted right click on it and choose "copy selected text" choose from the sub menu "configure copy favorites." Then set up the options for browse window as you did for the copy verse list options. Setting the font to unicode and making sure export in unicode is selected so you have control of the font and size as it is pasted. And it gives you the option to paste non unicode fonts if a publisher requires that.
    Unicode may be the default version 9 does have the flexibility to control what is copied and how.
    SkipB

"Ambitious to be well-pleasing unto him"
    RJ Blackburn
    Reformed Episcopal Seminary

http://www.reseminary.edu

Default Yes it is a manual replacement

In my first response I tried to indicate that (depending on how much you need to change) it might be easier to simply replace the old words with new un-pointed words. This involves as I said copying and deleting. You should know your own working style and be able to assess if searching and deleting individual vowels is faster than copying and pasting blocks.

For me, I found that copying and pasting the text without vowel points and deleting the previous pointed text was faster than going through and deleting vowels individually. Especially since sometimes deleting a vowel can have strange effects in a word processor.

For portions that require a whole verse or even a significant part of the verse the pop up window is fastest. Just delete the portion of a verse that is not needed.

For one or more words that do not form a significant portion of a verse copying and pasting from the browse window is probably best. The real power and flexibility of BibleWorks ability to copy and paste in one or more versions is harnessed from the BW Options Window.
    SkipB

"Ambitious to be well-pleasing unto him"
    RJ Blackburn
    Reformed Episcopal Seminary

http://www.reseminary.edu

Thank you very much. Now I fully understand what you mean.

I thought that you were talking about automatic replacement.
    Yes. I have gone through manually. And it took me less time than I already spent on figuring out how to do it automatically...

I just check my professor's BW version. It is BW 5.0...
    I strongly recommended to purchase BW 9.0.
    hehe...