Thread: Export more databases

Hybrid View

Default Export more databases

Hello,
    I'm an user of BW8 and I need to export 3 databases.
    The output file should look like:

Gen 1:1 Hebrew text
    Gen 1:1 Greek text
    Gen 1:1 English text

Gen 1:2 Hebrew text
    Gen 1:2 Greek text
    Gen 1:2 English text

ecc..

How could I achieve that?

You cannot really "export" the text in multi-language interlinear format. However, you can use the BW Options Window "Output Format Options" and click on the third line "Selected Browse Text." Select "Where to copy the verse list" and under "What Versions to include" choose "All display versions." Be sure that you have set one version each for Hebrew, Greek, and English as the display versions in your browse window. Then open the "popup verse copy window" and type in the verse you want to copy. Click the "Copy" button, and you should get your verse copied to the word processor you want. However you have to do this verse by verse, otherwise BW copies a range of verses in paragraphs, not verse by verse. Also the Hebrew will display right to left, hugging the right margin of your page, while Greek and English will hug the left margin of the page. You also have to set up the Copy "Favorites" to get the verse reference to display the way you want it. I do not know of an easier way. Mark Eddy

Thank you very much for your answer. I've learned some new techniques. For some time I'm analyzing various versions of the Hebrew Bible,
    and yes, I was always copying the text verse by verse. I only wondered how could I automated this proces but it seems that it is not yet
    available in BW.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Eddy View Post
    You cannot really "export" the text in multi-language interlinear format. However, you can use the BW Options Window "Output Format Options" and click on the third line "Selected Browse Text." Select "Where to copy the verse list" and under "What Versions to include" choose "All display versions." Be sure that you have set one version each for Hebrew, Greek, and English as the display versions in your browse window. Then open the "popup verse copy window" and type in the verse you want to copy. Click the "Copy" button, and you should get your verse copied to the word processor you want. However you have to do this verse by verse, otherwise BW copies a range of verses in paragraphs, not verse by verse. Also the Hebrew will display right to left, hugging the right margin of your page, while Greek and English will hug the left margin of the page. You also have to set up the Copy "Favorites" to get the verse reference to display the way you want it. I do not know of an easier way. Mark Eddy
    Hello Tomasz,

The following may or may not be valid for BW8 but what you are requesting is possible in BW9. When you type ctl+shift+B the popup copy window opens. You can then click on "Favorites," then "configure copy popup favorites"; this will open the options window. Once there, you can select "Interleave versions" (it's also helpful to select "add new line after each verse," just below it). Select also "all Display versions" under "What versions to include." That will give you what you're looking for.

Donald Cobb
    Aix-en-Provence, France

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Cobb View Post
    Hello Tomasz,

The following may or may not be valid for BW8 but what you are requesting is possible in BW9. When you type ctl+shift+B the popup copy window opens. You can then click on "Favorites," then "configure copy popup favorites"; this will open the options window. Once there, you can select "Interleave versions" (it's also helpful to select "add new line after each verse," just below it). Select also "all Display versions" under "What versions to include." That will give you what you're looking for.

Donald Cobb
    Aix-en-Provence, France
    Donald, your instructions work fine in BW8 too. (But note that the version shown on the left-most button in the popup copy window will always be included, even if it is not a display version.)

BW7 had something similar -- Tools/Copy Center which had fewer formatting options and was therefore quicker to set up.

And special congratulations, Donald, for showing us a way to do something that Mr. BibleWorks himself (Mark Eddy) had forgotten about.

--Jim

Donald, Jim, thank you very much for your instructions. That's what I needed! ša y est!
    I'm really thankful!
    I've already started to configure BW to obtain expected result and I've noticed a few problems:

1) yes, the search version is always included. My way to circumvent this difficulty was to make
    whatever kind of serch in one of the versions I wanted to copy (in the command line)

2) I've chosen WTT TNK NFT to copy, but the text of TNK looked like:
    morf roF ,namoW dellac eb llahs eno sihT .hself ym fo hself dnA senob ym fo enob sI tsal ta eno sihT" ,dias nam eht nehT
    ".nekat ehs saw nam(Genesis 2:23 TNK)
    Only when I moved English text above the semitic versions (TNK WTT NFT) it returned to its normal text-direction.
    The other way to fix it was to choose (in the "Option window") the option "place reference before text" rather than
    "place reference after text".

Thank you all again for your help!
    Tom