Thread: BW9 linking to Logos5

Default BW9 linking to Logos5

Just purchased BW9 Mac Public Preview and I'm trying to use the ELM to call Logos 5 - not working for me, tried many of the examples in this forum and also the Logos forum.

I'm wondering if my not being successful with this is due to using the Mac Public Preview within WINE? Anyone using BW9 Mac Public Preview and WINE able to access resources in Logos 5?

If so, I need your help.

Thanks.

not sure if this is helpful ---

with BW8 + Logos5 @ Windows7

the following command works for me(under Resources --> Edit External Links):

libronixdls:dialog|name=SearchBasic|search=<book>% 20<chapter>%3A<verse>

so it passes BW book:chapter:verse properly into Logos5 successfully

having said that, i couldn't get the BW Lemma(in beta code?) passed to Logos5(requires unicode) ....

God bless,
    -Andley.

Thanks for your response Andley.

Still, nothing works for Logos. The Website links in the ELM work; therefore it must be something Mac oriented that is not allowing the Logos links to work.

I'll keep investigating for awhile longer.

Default Using Logos resources within Bibleworks

I am a Logos 5 user who is planning to purchase BibleWorks 9. Will it be possible within BibleWorks to access any of the resources I have purchased through Logos. For example BDAG and HALOT or the UBS4?
    Thanks in advance,
    Lee Patmore

You can set up BibleWorks to open a resource in Logos to the correct spot. But that resource remains in Logos and is not read by BibleWorks itself. So the Lexicons in Logos will not display with the lexicons in BibleWorks. You would have to go back and forth between the two programs in order to use the lexicons which you purchased in Logos. Too bad you didn't purchase BibleWorks earlier, and we could have encouraged you to get the lexicons with BibleWorks rather than with Logos.
    Mark Eddy

Thanks Mark, that was very helpful.
    Lee