Thread: Error Message when trying to update

Default Error Message when trying to update

I wanted to download the exe. file 9.0.12.390 but I received the error message that "Couldn't retrieve file!" Re-started my computer and tried again. The hourglass just hangs...

EDIT: I found the BibleWorks support page and tried to manually download the patch and update that way. I cannot download any of the patches, getting an error message that the page cannot be displayed. I wonder if it a Windows 8 issue?

EDIT: I tried updating BibleWorks on my other machine which runs Windows 7 and I had the same problems. Could not update through the program, nor manually download a patch. BTW, one machine has McAfee and the other Charter Security Suite. I never had problems before today.
    Last edited by Joan Korte; 05-15-2013 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joan Korte View Post
    I wanted to download the exe. file 9.0.12.390 but I received the error message that "Couldn't retrieve file!" Re-started my computer and tried again. The hourglass just hangs...

EDIT: I found the BibleWorks support page and tried to manually download the patch and update that way. I cannot download any of the patches, getting an error message that the page cannot be displayed. I wonder if it a Windows 8 issue?

EDIT: I tried updating BibleWorks on my other machine which runs Windows 7 and I had the same problems. Could not update through the program, nor manually download a patch. BTW, one machine has McAfee and the other Charter Security Suite. I never had problems before today.
    That usually is not a fault on your end; it means the file hasn't uploaded to the right folder or whatever on the file server. As soon as they realize it, it should get resolved.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default Download error

Joan,
    The BW 9 update is several days old so I suspect the problems is either with your computer or just a temporary glitch on the server. I would wait a while and try again. I re-uploaded the post just to be sure though.
    Mike

Must have been just a temporary glitch since it is working now. Thanks, gentlemen!