Thread: Free/Cheap Course Building

Default Free/Cheap Course Building

Does anyone here know a place to create and use cheap or free course building software I have looked into several including Moodle, Blackboard, and The City. Blackboard and The City are way to expensive, (The City is reasonably priced, but even so, I am looking more to experiment with it, and see what might interest my congregation, so $2,000+ a year is too much.) Moodle seems like an option, but I do not know if I have enough coding skill to set it up. Are there any others out there that I am missing?
    Chris Sansom
    M. Div. Concordia Seminary
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!

We use a Moodle interface called Moodlerooms which provides support (and which, unfortunately, Blackboard bought). If you are working on a small scale, FishersNet/Select Learning provides Moodlerooms access. (Disclosure: I'm on the board of FN/Select in a non-paid, advisory role.)
    I have not used it, but you also might check out Google Course Director.
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

Thanks Mark,
    I looked at the options your provided, while still not quite what I am looking for, watching the video for Google Course director gave me an idea of what I can do. Most of what course director does is a utilization of their free material, I think I can manipulate it a little bit more and get what I want, and for free.
    Chris Sansom
    M. Div. Concordia Seminary
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!