Thread: Inserting a film clip into Powerpoint

Hybrid View

Default Inserting a film clip into Powerpoint

Working on Wallace's illustration of viewing the Aorist as a "snapshot" and the Imperfect as a "movie", I wanted to insert a filmclip into my powerpoint demonstration for my Greek class to help the students visualise the difference between the two.

Inserting the photograph was easy, but even though I downloaded a filmclip, Powerpoint wouldn't let me insert it into the demonstration.

Does anybody know how to do this?

Thanks.

I don't know what version you are on but...you should see a film strip (or you can go to insert then movie or video clip.) Pick the clip and them insert, PowerPoint only allows a few types of formats so you may have to convert your clip to either AVI or WMV. Once this is said and done, if it comes up as a black screen or blank when you try to play it, it is probably a Direct X conflict. Don't ask me why, but PowerPoint has a very known problem that they have as of yet, never fixed, when trying to play certain video it conflicts with the Direct X, you can fix this by going to your dxdiag and disabling it, or just turning down your graphics accelerator (while this is the easiest, I believe it turns other things off as well, I would go to the direct X diagnostics tool.)
    Chris Sansom
    M. Div. Concordia Seminary
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!