Thread: footnotes of TNK missing?

Hybrid View

Default footnotes of TNK missing?

I noticed that BW9 shows footnotes for versions like ESV, NIV, NAB, CSB, etc., but footnotes for TNK are not shown. Does anyone know if that is deliberate or just a programming oversight? For comparison, my Logos copy of TNK does show the footnotes. (e.g. 2Ki 9:13, "the top step" has the note: Meaning of Heb. uncertain ). For speed, I would rather not have to switch to Logos to see the footnotes of TNK.

Currently BibleWorks has the 1985 edition of TNK. What edition does Logos have? Could it be that notes were added later? BibleWorks definitely does not contains any TNK notes. Mark Eddy

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Eddy View Post
    Currently BibleWorks has the 1985 edition of TNK. What edition does Logos have? Could it be that notes were added later? BibleWorks definitely does not contains any TNK notes. Mark Eddy
    It is the same 1985 edition. My printed copy of TNK also has the same notes.

For some versions, BW does not provide the footnotes. The ASV is another example.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    For some versions, BW does not provide the footnotes. The ASV is another example.
    but why? The TNK footnotes are definitely a valuable part of the version.

If a version is already in BibleWorks without footnotes, someone would have to type in all the footnotes in the proper format. That takes a lot of time. If someone at another company has already typed in the footnotes for their format, they would most likely charge BibleWorks for their database, and someone at BibleWorks would have to re-format it for BW. That would cost time and money. If there are enough people who request the footnotes of these versions, and they would be willing to pay for the next upgrade (since BibleWorks does not charge for Bible versions by themselves), then my guess is that BW would seriously consider adding the footnotes. Mark Eddy