Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online Seminar?

Default Online Seminar?

I am wondering about the possibilities of doing an online seminar about BibleWorks. I feel like there is so much more to learn about this software that I use, but I live to far or am always busy when I look at the dates that the actual seminars are being offered. I would love BW staff to run one, but, I also understand that they are busy like me and have other things, like the real seminars to run. That being said, I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in doing it, I am game for whatever your interest are. My biggest struggle is with the GSE, hands down, it could be run through Google Hangout which allows up to ten people to be in the communication, while at the same time, it can be live streamed through youtube. Which would also be nice sense after the fact it puts the video of the chat there as well. It offers share screen, so that shouldn't be an issue. Anyway, just wanted to pose the questions.

Oh, and before someone else says it, the BW videos are great, but there is no comparison to being able to ask questions as I go through it with someone.
    Chris Sansom
    M. Div. Concordia Seminary
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!

I like the idea. I also need help with the GSE, and I'd even be willing to pay a few bucks to someone for leading such a seminar. I don't think I'd join Google+ to be in a seminar, though. (Google already knows too much about me.) Another alternative might be WebEx.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

I would be open for something of that nature. I just suggested Google + because it is cheap.
    Chris Sansom
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!

Alas! No takers. Well, I will continue to study and practice and maybe ask again sometime, unless I get really good at them, then I will lead it.
    Chris Sansom
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!

I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for, but here is a recorded BW live seminar: http://www.luthersem.edu/technology/...=3725&post=187
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

yeah, I watched that video some time ago. It really is good. And like I said at the start, the videos in Bibleworks are great, I can't tell you how many times they have helped me. That being said, when it comes to the GSE especially, it might be nice to be able to work with someone. However, like I said, I will practice and hopefully with time I will get it.
    Chris Sansom
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!

Lightbulb Great Idea . . . Some Time this Summer?

Hmm... I don't think I can pull this off immediately, but I'd be willing to do something like this on behalf of the BW blog (and the Goddard Library at Gordon-Conwell) some time this Summer.

What other topics do you think would be worthwhile?
    Jim Darlack - Associate Director of Goddard Library /
    Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary

Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing

Jim, that depends on how deep you want to go, the GSE is my main concern, but truth is that I am sure there are tons of things in Bibleworks I don't know about. I love the new MSS tab but have failed to use it for its full effectiveness at this point, same goes with the CNTTS database which are both new tools and I have used them, but I always have room to use them better.
    Chris Sansom
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!

Hmm... It might be worth organizing some kind of training exchange for folks who know how to use those different resources well, and have a good idea of how to apply the material to everyday exegesis. Hmm... I'll have to give this some thought, but my wheels are turning.
    Jim Darlack - Associate Director of Goddard Library /
    Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary

Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing

Quote Originally Posted by jdarlack View Post
    Hmm... I don't think I can pull this off immediately, but I'd be willing to do something like this on behalf of the BW blog (and the Goddard Library at Gordon-Conwell) some time this Summer.

What other topics do you think would be worthwhile?
    Jim, I would definitely be interested. Perhaps instead of discussing it from the purpose of just explaining the different tools, you could show how to use BW from within the contexts of various studies. This would help not only HOW to use the different tools, but WHY? When and why would you use the KWIC tool, etc.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.