Thread: Browse window 'verse advance' hotkey?

Default Browse window 'verse advance' hotkey?

Hi. I'm a BWorks neophyte, so apologies if this is a really stupid question.

I've set up my browse window to show a verse of Hebrew text, the corresponding Septuagint verse, and an English version. So far so good.

Here's my question. Say I'm in Genesis 25 verse one, and I want to work through the chapter a verse at a time. Do I have to use the mouse to click in the verse selection box every time, or is there any kind of hotkey that will automatically advance me to verse 2 etc?

If not, I'd be really grateful if anyone could suggest an improvement to my workflow. What I really want is to be able to work through a chapter verse by verse comparing three versions with as little mouse-clicking/movement as possible.

Thanks!

Ohh... Now I feel really stupid!

I'd still like to know if there's a hotkey, but I've just realised that clicking on one of the little arrows beside the browse window will do what I want!

Apologies for the useless posts!

On the menu bar, "Help/BibleWorks Help Contents/Frequently Used Links ... Shortcuts" displays the following: (the Shortcuts section is especially useful when you accidentally hit a shortcut key and BW all of a sudden starts doing something strange. I keep a printed copy of it by my desktop at all times.)

Browse Window Shortcuts

In the default configuration the UP and DOWN cursor keys move the text cursor up and down in the Browse Window. You can change this so that the UP and DOWN arrow keys simulate the Search Window "spin" buttons used to advance the verse displayed. There are three possibilities for these arrow keys:

1.Move the text cursor up and down (the default)
    2.Advance the current Browse Window one verse
    3.Advance linked Browse Windows one verse (windows are linked by checking the check box in the upper left hand corner).
    The way these three options are accessed is by pressing the <Shift-Ctrl-UP> and/or <Shift-Ctrl-DOWN> key combinations. This acts as a "toggle" to move the default arrow key operation backwards and forwards in the above list. The operation that you define as the default will be remembered between BibleWorks sessions. The <Ctrl-UP> and <Ctrl‑DOWN> key combinations move the current Browse Window backwards and forwards one verse. This functionality cannot be changed.
    Last edited by Jim Wert; 04-19-2013 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Formatting

MANY thanks for that, Jim. Ctrl-arrow does exactly what I was looking for. I always prefer a keyboard shortcut to mouse-manoeuvring, so now I'm happy!