New Mac version available for testing!
I’m happy to announce a new Mac Public Preview version is ready for testing. This fixes a number of bugs, listed below.
To install this test version over your existing installation, follow these steps:
- Download the test dmg here: http://edist.bibleworksllc.com/macse...rks-9r3-11.dmg
- Run the BibleWorks 9 Mac Public Preview installer dmg that you just downloaded.
- It will instruct you to drag and copy the BibleWorks package to the OS X Applications folder. Click on theBibleWorks icon in the window and drag it onto the Applications folder in the window. When it says “An item named BibleWorks already exists...” , select Replace.
- Once the update is finished installing, close the installer window.
- Run BibleWorks as usual.
- Apply the latest EXE patch.
Bugs fixed in r11:
- Minimized window can't be restored by clicking the main icon in the Dock or Launchpad
- Use Tab: With Use Tab active, click Version radio button. Move mouse over Browse Window text. The Use Tab updates for the first word under the mouse, but not subsequent words.
- Large dropdown listboxes: With Browse Window in JOS, Jwr, when you click on the verse dropdown, the listbox is not placed onscreen.
- Related Verses Tool and Phrase Matching Tool, Xref tab: all of the drop down lists (when opened) are sized too small (should be as large as the window) and no scrollbars appear
- Large HTML pages take very long time to load e.g. In CHM files, large HTML pages take very long time to load (see Resources | Background | Rodkinson)
- Editor, Notes: Pasting selected text from the Editor into Word produced inverse coloring in Word. Copy NAU Rom 8:2-3 from Browse Window to Editor tab, then from Editor tab to Mac Word. Also occurs with Notes tab.
- Search Window crash:BGT search for “.ton”, Click gen 1 1, Wtt, Scroll search results and click Rev 20:10, Crash (msg beep?)
- CL morphology helper not forwarding keys to Command Line: WTM [ret] .dbr@ || Typing n or p or x should copy the keystroke to the CL. Focus is jumping to the dropdown menu instead of the CL. Same for BGM, SCM, etc.
- Mss tab: zoom 50%, mousing over a verse reference tag pops up the verse, but the image under the verse popup is not redrawn when the verse disappears. Same redraw problem when menus or context menus are opened over the image area, and when other windows are moved over the image.
- Hebrew in RTF, HTML controls: a) Unicode Hebrew vowel points and accents not aligned with consonants in all RTF controls, and all HTML controls (e.g. all CHMs, Daily Light, Editor, Notes, PMT, RVT, Verse Tab, Mss HTML Viewer). See also NET bible CHM in gen 1:1; b) highlighted Hebrew words are displayed out of order; c) English verse reference displayed out of order (See Phrase Matching Tool using WTM, Gen 1:1). d) Help | Daily Light | Greek/Hebrew: All of the September entries have garbage for the first (last) Hebrew word. e) Also the Hebrew vowel pointing is not correctly aligned; f) Garbaged char in NET Hos 1:4, fn 19. g) Selecting mixed English and Hebrew blanks out areas of the text h) In the Notes Tab and in the Editor Tab, when Hebrew mode is activated (clicking the aleph button) the font should switch to a Hebrew font (it does) and typing should be entered right-to-left (it does not). Also, when Unicode Hebrew mode is activated (clicking the aleph button with the yellow dot) the font should switch to a Hebrew font (it does) and typing should be entered right-to-left (it does not) in Hebrew (it does not). j) Copying selected search result for WTT from the Search Window to the Editor (notes window) cuts off the first character of the verse when right justified. k) The same thing happens when you hit "return" when the cursor is in the little biblical passage selection window in the Notes Tab toolbar. "Return" pastes the passage into the notes area, but cuts off the first letter of the passage when right justified. L) loading Gen 12:4 into Editor produces garbage character after pressing return (See video)
- Browse Window: With Verse Tab open, when I clicking that verse up/down button in the Browse window, the Verse Tab does not update until I press it a *second* time (or, it advances the Verse Tab more than one verse). Also in multi-version mode in the Browse Window, the verse up/down button stays DOWN after it is clicked.
- Verse Tab: In CNTTS click on link to anchor further down on page, click the left arrow (back) button. Crash. (also note the link had to be clicked twice before registering)
- Printer support: Crashes when called in Editor. From Flashcards and Diagrammer, job is trapped in print queue and requires manual intervention/login (Printer is network printer requiring auth.)
This update really makes the Mac Preview more usable. I can now take off the update only when shift key is held down... thank you.
Stability fix for hon, jam, nab, ope, opg, opm, otp, phe, phi, phm, qbe, and rod
Also, if you've experienced instability while using the versions hon, jam, nab, ope, opg, opm, otp, phe, phi, phm, qbe, and rod, we found the problem. Previous to this fix, if you passed the mouse over the version identifier for any of these versions, the program would crash when you next moved over another version identifier. The fix is in the "Version Description Files" patch in the updater.