Thread: Accidentally deleted my BW 9 help contents file!!

Default Accidentally deleted my BW 9 help contents file!!

I was wondering how I could get a new BW 9 help contents file? I thought it was a different file because they were almost identical in name and deleted the wrong one. Now my BW help contents won't function. Nothing works at all. My Getting Started and the Videos Tutorials work, just have zero response when I try to access my help contents. By the time I realized what I had done, I had already emptied my recycling bin as well! Anyway for me to get it back? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

If you have a backup of your harddrive, you could copy it from that.

Otherwise, I think you should be able to copy it from the installation discs. It would be outdated, but you could reapply the lasted help file update.

It that doesn't help, post back.

Default Help FIle

A copy of the help file (bw900.chm) is stored in the root directory of the fist CD of your distribution DVDs. Mike

Thanks for the help! I was able to find the file on Disc 1 and then copy and paste it back into my folder. Works just fine now! Sorry it took so long to respond, my grandfather was in the hospital for three days and I stayed with him overnight for those 2 nights. He is perfectly fine now, but that is why I haven't ben on in a while. Thanks again for your help!!

That's good news. All of it!

Default Ptl

Quote Originally Posted by jarnett0001 View Post
    Thanks for the help! I was able to find the file on Disc 1 and then copy and paste it back into my folder. Works just fine now! Sorry it took so long to respond, my grandfather was in the hospital for three days and I stayed with him overnight for those 2 nights. He is perfectly fine now, but that is why I haven't ben on in a while. Thanks again for your help!!
    I a glad that your grandfather is OK. Things like this help to give us perspective on what really is important!