Thread: ERMIE and LOGOS

Hybrid View

Default ERMIE and LOGOS

Although BW 9 is my main biblical software, I still have many essential tools on Libronix Logos: HALOT (I do not want to buy three versions: print, Logos, BW), DDD, a better version of Brown Driver Briggs, Anchor Bible Dictionary, Hebrew and Canaanite inscriptions, Greek Pseudepigrapha. So when I study a lemma or phrase in BW9, I would like to also be able to easily refer to Libronix, which I generall yfind cumbersome to use. On Logos, I grouped together all the books I want to refer to into a group folder called MY_HEBREW_Bible. Now how to I set up ERMIE so I can check these works. For example, I might want to see all references to a passage, say Genesis 2:8; or to a Hebrew lemma, say <amal. How do I set that up? I found the new folder MY_HEBREW_Bible on my computer under Libronix. But clearly I have to have Logos open these files.

I think it would help Logos to provide easily filled-in templates for setting up just such links to popular software such as Logos.

Michael Dick

It has been awhile, but it seems like some time ago you were able to at least do a search on the lemma by using the ELM (External Links Manager) in Bibleworks, it seems that since Logos 4 this feature was disabled, I have not checked if it was at all possible with Logos 5 and BW.
    Chris Sansom
    M. Div. Concordia Seminary
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!

Angry Mutual benefit

It seems to me that such communication between Logos and BW would be mutually beneficial. Surely no one could expect users to buy as many copies of HALOT, as an example, as their Bible software.

Angry Mutual benefit

It seems to me that such communication between Logos and BW would be mutually beneficial. Surely no one could expect users to buy as many copies of HALOT, as an example, as their Bible software. Surely I would expect somebody from BW to respond to this question.

Default External Link Manager & Links to Logos

Michael,

Check out this thread:

http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sho...ogos&highlight

This was all done using Logos 4. Whether or not they work with Logos 5 will take some testing on my part. EDIT: most of the links work with Logos 5. However, I was never able to link a Hebrew lemma to HALOT. I could link a Greek lemma in BW to TDNT in Logos, as well as to EDNT, NIDNTT, Complete Word Study Dictionary, Vine's. Also, I was able to link to a commentary in Logos when I selected a Bible reference in BibleWorks. All of this is done using the External Links feature in BibleWorks, not ERMIE. (Technically, this post belongs in the sub forum on linking BW to other programs.)

And, there may be another thread on external links to Logos. I will search for it. EDIT: try browsing the sub-forum on Linking BibleWorks to Websites and other Programs for more on linking to Logos.

If you would like my shell exec file that contains the syntax for all my links, I can attach it and you can see if it will help you out. It looks best if opened in Notepad.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Joan Korte; 04-18-2013 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Further Information

It is true, I have always thought that, and in this case, it is Logos that is holding out. BW has set up ways to make it work, at least with some searches, but Logos eliminated the capabilities within their software.
    Chris Sansom
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!

Thank you Joan, I feel a little like I have been out of it for awhile. I remember the discussion with Logos 3, but last I checked (obviously some time ago) it flat out wasn't possible with 4. I will have to set this up later when I have time.
    Chris Sansom
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!