Thread: Update window

Default Update window

Over the last few updates I have noticed that the upper pane (recommended updates) has been getting smaller. Today I was greeted by the announcement that there were new updates. When the window opened the upper pane was too small to show the update. I checked select all and installed without being able to see what I was installing. Has anyone else seen this?
    SkipB

"Ambitious to be well-pleasing unto him"
    RJ Blackburn
    Reformed Episcopal Seminary

http://www.reseminary.edu

Quote Originally Posted by SkipB View Post
    Over the last few updates I have noticed that the upper pane (recommended updates) has been getting smaller. Today I was greeted by the announcement that there were new updates. When the window opened the upper pane was too small to show the update. I checked select all and installed without being able to see what I was installing. Has anyone else seen this?
    Yes, with the same bewilderment.

DC

I too have noticed this recently, and have had to resort to the "select all" button to choose the update(s).

Something else I've also notice is that although the web page for "BW9 updates" lists the NA28 as an update or upgrade (dated 4-13-2013), my selected automatic upgrade feature in BW9 has not notified me that it is available, and when I try to update/upgrade manually from the web page, it does not work.

Have others already received the NA28 upgrade? I know it was announced as "pending."

Vernon

Default Update Window

I sent this problem to customer service, they are looking at it. That usually means a quick fix.

I don't know about the NA 28 update. I don't think it has been pushed yet.
    SkipB

RJ Blackburn

As of today the problem appears to be fixed. I also notice that there is a new style of version number: after updating, I now have version 9.0.12.360, replacing 9.0.12w.1 SH (as I recall it). I do not presume to know the inner workings behind this, but I suspect this new style will offer a lot more flexibility.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Default version number

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    As of today the problem appears to be fixed. I also notice that there is a new style of version number: after updating, I now have version 9.0.12.360, replacing 9.0.12w.1 SH (as I recall it). I do not presume to know the inner workings behind this, but I suspect this new style will offer a lot more flexibility.
    The change was to comply with Microsoft rules so that when you right click on the executable and check properties, you can get the correct version info.

Interesting. I hadn't thought about that possibility. In all honesty, I think it will help users follow version developments more easily. My aging brain often got a little confused by the number+letter system.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Default Thanks

I did not have a chance to get back here until today. (on site eval. team this week) Just applied latest update, everything looked fine. Thanks, not just for the fix, but for the way things get done, so well, so quick... I don't know how I would work without BibleWorks. It is open whenever I sit at the computer. And as often as not, it is running even when I am not there.
    SkipB

RJ Blackburn