Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Can you copy images from the ESV Study Bible to powerpoints?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    186

    Default Can you copy images from the ESV Study Bible to powerpoints?

    Hi all,
    I am considering buying the ESV Bible Study module. One question: Will it allow me to copy the images to powerpoints for teaching like you can do wit the moody bible atlas? Pictures like this one of the synagogue in Gamla: http://www.ritmeyer.com/2008/08/09/the-gamla-synagogue/

    How does it work?

    Morten

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MortenJensen View Post
    Hi all,
    I am considering buying the ESV Bible Study module. One question: Will it allow me to copy the images to powerpoints for teaching like you can do wit the moody bible atlas? Pictures like this one of the synagogue in Gamla: http://www.ritmeyer.com/2008/08/09/the-gamla-synagogue/

    How does it work?

    Morten
    Yes they are easily copied. The images show up inline in the HTML Help resource, then you can click on the image to load a full-size scalable picture and right click to copy it to the clipboard where you can then copy it to Powerpoint or any other program.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    Yes they are easily copied. The images show up inline in the HTML Help resource, then you can click on the image to load a full-size scalable picture and right click to copy it to the clipboard where you can then copy it to Powerpoint or any other program.

    Thanks, one thing: The BW-video on the ESV gives the impression that many of the pictures has text wrapped around them. Is that so? I would like clean pictures for teaching purposes.

    Another thing: In the moody bible atlas, there is a master's list with thumbnails. This is really handy. It seems from the video that this it not so for the study bible. Do you have to click each link to see what lies beneath?

    Thanks,
    Morten

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MortenJensen View Post
    Thanks, one thing: The BW-video on the ESV gives the impression that many of the pictures has text wrapped around them. Is that so? I would like clean pictures for teaching purposes.

    Another thing: In the moody bible atlas, there is a master's list with thumbnails. This is really handy. It seems from the video that this it not so for the study bible. Do you have to click each link to see what lies beneath?

    Thanks,
    Morten
    Why don't you email me and I'll send you some examples of the images. It's a lot easier for me to do this via email since attaching things on the forums can get dicey.

    For those who are simply lurking. I think the answer to the first is that images often do have text associated with them, so you would still have to edit the image. (If I understand correctly what you're asking). As for the second question: Yes there is a master list of images, but the list is a list by books of the Bible and then title of image, not simply a long list of pictures of the images.)
    Last edited by Michael Hanel; 04-12-2013 at 03:40 PM.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •