Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bibleworks9_mac_setup-9r3-14.dmg keyboard issue

Default bibleworks9_mac_setup-9r3-14.dmg keyboard issue

The new installer installs despite its name to 9r3-13. The keyboard issue reported elsewhere in this forum is still present. But additionally in this build, despite maintaining default settings for keyboard, and in spite of the online instructions for enabling a chosen Hebrew keyboard, BW keeps switching me automatically to the Unicode Hex Input layout immediately when I press the spacebar or get far enough for a list to start showing below the command window.

That would not be a problem except that so far BW interprets and displays the wildcard "*" (Shift-8, or any combination of modifiers with 8) not as an asterisk, but as an 8. It also interprets and displays the colon as a semi-colon. The Unicode Hex layout works perfectly in my other Mac programs. But the result in BW is that one must use the drop down menu to get the asterisk. And when using, say, "John 6;10" to display a passage, what comes up is a continuous chapter text in browse mode, and it takes two taps on the Browse toggle (the little feet) to get to John 6:1 -- the first tap separates the continuous text into paragraphs each one verse long; the next tap displays the multi-version single-verse comparison mode.

I have all my language settings working in Mellel, NisusWriterPro for multiple languages with preferred keyboard layouts. The present behavior which I did not notice before in BW-Mac is puzzling.

Quote Originally Posted by huneger View Post
    The new installer installs despite its name to 9r3-13.
    If it is showing 9r3-13 then it is not the current version. Do you recall if you selected "Replace" instead of "Keep both" when you ran the dmg? it may be that you selected "Keep both". If so, then you'll have two BibleWorks icons under Applications--one icon will run 9r3-14, the other will run your older install...

Michael

Default keyboard issue

1) 9r3-14.dmg was downloaded Sept 6
    2) online instructions were followed, first trashing bibleworks.app and also ~/library/application support/bibleworks
    3) only one icon in /applications
    4) same problem on both office iMac and MacBook
    5) all updates performed, computer has been powered down and restarted as well
    6) still running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 (if that is a problem); cannot upgrade 2006 MacBook to 10.7 or greater
    7) do not recall seeing an option to "keep both"

The minimum requirements are 10.7.4 or higher, but it seems odd to me that once installed it would show r13 instead of r14. What is the exact filesize of your dmg file? Also, you you re-run the dmg file (selecting "Replace") and see if that makes a difference?

Default same issue

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    The minimum requirements are 10.7.4 or higher, but it seems odd to me that once installed it would show r13 instead of r14. What is the exact filesize of your dmg file? Also, you you re-run the dmg file (selecting "Replace") and see if that makes a difference?
    After downloading the r14 files several times and installing it, choosing REPLACE rather than keeping both files, the version installed shows r13. This is the screenshot:
    Name:  Bibleworks version.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  11.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by omoje View Post
    After downloading the r14 files several times and installing it, choosing REPLACE rather than keeping both files, the version installed shows r13. This is the screenshot:
    Name:  Bibleworks version.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  11.8 KB

I'm experiencing the same problem. (OSX 10.8.4).

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Chuter View Post
    I'm experiencing the same problem. (OSX 10.8.4).

Andrew
    I've just noticed that on my BW while 'About Bibleworks' pop-up it is saying 13.dmg, in the bottom left hand corner it is saying 14.dmg.

Andrew

I've seen this, too. (can't remember if it was this version or a previous one). I think it's just a typo.

Yes, same thing appears for me. BibleWorks staff, can you confirm this is, in fact, just a typo? That's the only reason I can think that the same version would be named two different things in two places.

Quote Originally Posted by AbramKJ View Post
    Yes, same thing appears for me. BibleWorks staff, can you confirm this is, in fact, just a typo? That's the only reason I can think that the same version would be named two different things in two places.
    When you start the program, it should show ("MCW 9r3-14)" in the lower left corner. If you open Help | About it should show the same thing.

If you do not see that, please close BibleWorks, re-run the -14 dmg (selecting "Replace"), and then re-start BW. You will not have to re-install from the BW9 DVDs.

Michael