Thread: GRT (BGT Transliterated)

Default GRT (BGT Transliterated)

As an illiterate in Greek I have found Jim Darlack's GRT (via The Bibleworks Blog) very handy.

I finally got around to tinkering with it and have produced for myself GRT2. I made the following changes:
    1. un-italicized the text.
      This means that the single and double square brackets show up properly.
    2. reduced the font size by 1 (12 to 11) so that it displays roughly the same number of words on a line as BGT does.
    3. GRT has three square brackets where BGT has parentheses; replaced them with parenthises ().

Change 1 has a bonus advantage of allowing the user to find all BGT verses with single or double square brackets by using Regular Expression searches on the command line.

Note: in the OT square brackets are most commonly used to indicate alternative versification (for example, Est 1:1), in Ode it is frequently used to mark a title (for example Ode 2:1).

I compiled it in both BW9 and BW7; it appears to display OK in both versions of BW.
    If anyone is interested I would be happy to make the files available to the BibleWorks Blog. Probably the compiled files from BW7 would be best, since they should be upward compatible.

Default Thank you

Very useful! Thank you!
    Dr. Georg S. Adamsen, Denmark
    Editor, http://www.Revelation-Resources.com and
    WordPress @ Blogos.dk (featuring Danish localizations for WordPress plugins, themes etc.)

That's GReat ! How Can I have the file?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wert View Post
    As an illiterate in Greek I have found Jim Darlack's GRT (via The Bibleworks Blog) very handy

I finally got around to tinkering with it and have produced for myself GRT2. I made the following changes:
    1. un-italicized the text.
      This means that the single and double square brackets show up properly.
    2. reduced the font size by 1 (12 to 11) so that it displays roughly the same number of words on a line as BGT does.
    3. GRT has three square brackets where BGT has parentheses; replaced them with parenthises ().

Change 1 has a bonus advantage of allowing the user to find all BGT verses with single or double square brackets by using Regular Expression searches on the command line.

Note: in the OT square brackets are most commonly used to indicate alternative versification (for example, Est 1:1), in Ode it is frequently used to mark a title (for example Ode 2:1).

I compiled it in both BW9 and BW7; it appears to display OK in both versions of BW.
    If anyone is interested I would be happy to make the files available to the BibleWorks Blog. Probably the compiled files from BW7 would be best, since they should be upward compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by justinyou View Post
    That's GReat ! How Can I have the file?
    You can find the BibleWorks blog at: http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org/
    Look through the various databases available, click on the one you want, and follow the directions to download it and install it in BW.
    Mark Eddy

Thx for yr information.

But I have try download the

before, and it seems the file is somehow corrupted? I can't extract it property...

and so I would like to try Jim Wert created GRT2 one..

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Eddy View Post
    Look through the various databases available, click on the one you want, and follow the directions to download it and install it in BW.
    Mark Eddy

Thx, but i found

one is somehow corrupted. And it cannot be extracted.

So I would like to have GRT2 one that Jim Wert made.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Eddy View Post
    Mark Eddy