Thread: Getting rid of footnotes in Bible texts

Default Getting rid of footnotes in Bible texts

I'm still quite new to Bibleworks and I was trying things out, clicking on buttons etc. to see what they would do. Unfortunately, I inadvertently turned on a footnotes setting of some sort for the Bible texts. For example, now when I view the ESV in the browse pane I see superscript "a"s and "b" etc that link to cross-references or ESV notes in the analysis window. Does anyone know where to turn this off? It's probably in Tools/Options somewhere but I can't find it. I'm using BibleWorks 9.

thanks,
    Charles

Quote Originally Posted by cgrebe View Post
    I'm still quite new to Bibleworks and I was trying things out, clicking on buttons etc. to see what they would do. Unfortunately, I inadvertently turned on a footnotes setting of some sort for the Bible texts. For example, now when I view the ESV in the browse pane I see superscript "a"s and "b" etc that link to cross-references or ESV notes in the analysis window. Does anyone know where to turn this off? It's probably in Tools/Options somewhere but I can't find it. I'm using BibleWorks 9.

thanks,
    Charles
    There are a few ways to toggle this, but a couple of the easiest ways:

1) Almost right in the middle along the bottom strip of the BibleWorks Window you should see a set of words, some grayed out and others black. If you double click on the words "Tr Notes" that will toggle those superscripts on and off.

Another way...

2) Click your mouse in the Browse Window (where the text of the Bible shows) and press the letter "n" on your keyboard. That will also toggle the notes superscript on and off.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Thanks Michael. The "Tr Notes" button did it! I was clicking around down there on the status bar at one point so that explains it. These full featured programs have so many options it's easy to change the configuration without realizing it. I need to become more familiar with it.