Thread: Converting *.BWW note files to *.rtf

Default Converting *.BWW note files to *.rtf

I have 15 years of BWW note files that I would like to access on my Andoid device which I could do if they were rich text fille format. I understand that the format is basically the same. Anyone know how to convert the files, preferrably in bulk? Can I get away with just renaming them?

Also, anyone recomend an rtf editor for Android?

Thanks!

Have you tried renaming them? I think that should work. As I understand it, they are .rtf files. Worth a try anyhow.

I would say just try renaming one from .bww to .rtf on your computer, and then see if it opens OK in WordPad.

I looked on the Google Play store for an rtf editor, and was surprised how hard it is to find one. I have QuickOffice Pro on my Android phone, and it works great for MS Word .doc and .docx files, but .rtf is not listed among its supported file types online. Here's one for $15 that does support rtf: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ice_registered. Since I haven't used it, I can't say one way or another whether it's any good.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

I'm pretty sure any Android DOC editor will hand RTFs. It may need some file extension renaming, but I just created a RTF file, renamed it to DOC, and opened it in Docs to Go. (OfficeSuite and QuickOffice should do the same, and you can always even use Google Docs online.)
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

I tried renaming one and it worked great. I remember learning once that BWW is "basically" rtf format. Since I have hundreds of files, I am concerned that "basically the same" may cause problems down the road, so I am looking ofr some assurance for myself and others like me. Also looking for a way to change file names in a batch.

A quick Google search turned up this article: http://www.howtogeek.com/111859/how-...ultiple-files/. His method for opening a Command Prompt window (one of the 4 methods, and probably the best for your need) requires a little clarification. In Windows 7, you put the mouse pointer over the name of a folder, hold down Shift, and right-click to get a menu with the Command Window option. Of course, you can always click the Start button, choose Run, and type cmd. From there you'll have to navigate to your BW folder, though.

I don't actually use Windows Explorer, but Directory Opus, which has a built-in multiple-file renaming facility (not terribly intuitive to use, unfortunately). There must be free or cheap utilities to do this too.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

This from the help file on "Taking Notes on Verses":

User notes are given an extension of BWW but they are actually standard RTF files and can be loaded into any Word Processor that can read RTF files. Some BibleWorks-specific features may not be transferred though. Using a BWW extension allows you to track and identify very easily which of your files are BibleWorks note files