Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: No Room for Nave's References

  1. #1

    Default No Room for Nave's References

    Have a question concerning Nave's. When I open the window I have the search bar across the top, the two top boxes (one on the left the other on the right) containing the topics and underneath them the two boxes containing the Scripture references. The bottom right hand box with the Scripture references is so crammed that I can't read what verse it is. Is there a way to fix this and make it larger? I can make the window larger or smaller and it doesn't fix the problem. I attached an image with an arrow pointing to the box I want to expand and have more room for. I went to the help file and the picture it shows has the text fitting properly in the box! Any help would be much appreciated.

    Name:  Naves_BibleWorks_Image.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  188.5 KB

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Interesting problem. On my system the Nave's window looks very much like the one in the Help. You're very right that that right-hand box with the list of references can't be resized at all. I wondered if the problem might possibly have to do with your screen resolution, but I tried changing the resolution on my screen and, though the size of everything changed, the proportions were still correct so that I could right the reference list properly. So, I'm stumped pretty quickly. But the problem looks real.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

  3. #3

    Default

    Thanks David for trying though. I had wondered about the screen resolution myself, but got the same results. Not sure at all what it is. Hopefully someone can find out what it is!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    912

    Default

    I do not have the problem you have. I'm runnin BW9 with the latest updates on Windows 7.
    Also, did you know that there is an html version of Naves available? If the older one doesn't work for you, you might try the html version.
    Mark Eddy

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Eddy View Post
    I do not have the problem you have. I'm runnin BW9 with the latest updates on Windows 7.
    Also, did you know that there is an html version of Naves available? If the older one doesn't work for you, you might try the html version.
    Mark Eddy
    You can resize yours?

    I run Win 7 and BW 9 and I too have the tiny box with no way to enlarge.

    Dave
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Mark subtly brings up an important point. The most recent update to BW is Version 9.0.012v.1 (SH). Dave and jarnett, is this what you see when you do Help > About BibleWorks? I'm also running BW 9 (that current update) under Windows 7, and not seeing the problem. The right-hand column with the list of scripture references can't be resized, but it's proportioned properly to display the full references, and stays that way when I resize the whole Nave's window.

    In fact, I find that if I use my mouse to drag the right or left edge of that window to make it narrower, until it is as narrow as it will go, only the references column shows, and it's still wide enough to see all the references. What happens when you all try that?
    Last edited by DavidR; 03-09-2013 at 10:09 AM.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    Mark subtly brings up an important point. The most recent update to BW is Version 9.0.012v.1 (SH). Dave and jarnett, is this what you see when you do Help > About BibleWorks? I'm also running BW 9 (that current update) under Windows 7, and not seeing the problem. The right-hand column with the list of scripture references can't be resized, but it's proportioned properly to display the full references, and stays that way when I resize the whole Nave's window.
    That is the version I am running on Windows 7 professional 32 and I can confirm that i have the same problem. I can use the other version of Nave's so it is not a huge issue, but there is definitely a problem.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calvary View Post
    You can resize yours?

    I run Win 7 and BW 9 and I too have the tiny box with no way to enlarge.

    Dave
    Yes, I can resize my Nave's window to any size I want. And it works without a hitch.
    Mark Eddy

  9. #9

    Default

    @ DavidR, when I do that I still have the same problem. No matter how I resize it it still doesn't give me room to display all of the references and they are still cramped. In fact, the proportions stay the same for those references and they adjust so that they are squished and have the same proportions as if I haven't resized the window at all. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit with BibleWorks 9 as well as the most recent updates on both programs.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Thanks, jarnett. This is really an odd one. Yet three people are here confirming it, so it's not isolated either. It seems beyond the range of user-to-user assistance (at any rate as far as this user is concerned!), and likely to need the intervention of BW tech support.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •