Thread: Lost my tool-bar configuration, anything to do?

Hybrid View

Default Lost my tool-bar configuration, anything to do?

Hi all,

I lost my tool-bar configuration after turning the tool-bar on and off - it got reset to standard. Is there anything to do here? Is the tool-bar-configuration saved anywhere?

Guess not, so be aware, if you have made some adjustments there.

Morten

I don't know whether the toolbar setting is saved somewhere -- I would assume that it must be in an .ini file, but I don't know. And if it got reset, it likely got reset in the .ini file too.

I often customize toolbars in apps that allow it ( to Microsoft, which allows little such customization), and in order to keep track of my customizations in case of such problems, or when I upgrade the program, I keep a screenshot of the window as I've configured it. In Windows, holding down Alt while pressing Print Screen (I'm not sure what the keys might be called in Danish!) will take a picture of the active window only (not the whole screen) and copy it to the clipboard. If you use clipboard managing software such as ClipCache you can then save the clip to an image file on the computer. Otherwise, you can always just paste it into a word processor document.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Yeah, I've asked in the past for the ability to save the buttonbar configuration. Actually, I've asked for a way to share it, because when I do something in class w/ BW, and I tell students to click on button ___, I want them to have that button and have it in the same place as I do. The default buttonbar seems mostly random. I have developed what I think is a far more organized and logical layout. You can check out my suggested buttonbar HERE. (PDF)

2 things:
    • David mentioned taking a screen shot so you know how you had it before. May I recommend Greenshot. It's free, open source, and an absolutely wonderful screen capture utility w/ lots of options for saving, editing, etc...
    • When you come to reorganizing your buttonbar, note that you can hold down the ALT key and move the buttons around. It's often easier than going through the buttonbar setup window.
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

Mark,
    - Thanks for the 'alt-tip'. Great.
    - And thanks for your suggestion to a new standard layout. It is much more logical to have it ordered like that than the present standard layout.
    Morten

Thumbs up

+1, Mark, on creating a more logical or coherent button layout on the toolbar!
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia