2013-02-26 Test dmg available
We have a new dmg for the Mac Public Preview which fixes the following bugs:
- Hebrew in RTF, HTML controls:
- a) Unicode Hebrew vowel points and accents not aligned with consonants in all RTF controls, and all HTML controls (e.g. all CHMs, Daily Light, Editor, Notes, PMT, RVT, Verse Tab, Mss HTML Viewer). See also NET bible CHM in gen 1:1;
- b) highlighted Hebrew words are displayed out of order;
- c) English verse reference displayed out of order (See Phrase Matching Tool using WTM, Gen 1:1).
- d) Help | Daily Light | Greek/Hebrew: All of the September entries have garbage for the first (last) Hebrew word.
- e) Also the Hebrew vowel pointing is not correctly aligned;
- f) Garbaged char in NET Hos 1:4, fn 19.
- g) Selecting mixed English and Hebrew blanks out areas of the text
- Mss tab: zoom 50%, mousing over a verse reference tag pops up the verse, but the image under the verse popup is not redrawn when the verse disappears. Same redraw problem when menus or context menus are opened over the image area, and when other windows are moved over the image.
- Printer support: Crashes when called in Editor. (No longer crashes, but printing still does not occur)
- Commandline morphology helper not forwarding keys to Command Line:
Example: WTM [ret] .dbr@ || Typing n or p or x should copy the keystroke to the CL. Focus is jumping to the dropdown menu instead of the CL. Same for BGM, SCM, etc.
- Browse Window: With Verse Tab open, when I clicking that verse up/down button in the Browse window, the Verse Tab does not update until I press it a *second* time (or, it advances the Verse Tab more than one verse). Also in multi-version mode in the Browse Window, the verse up/down button stays DOWN after it is clicked.
- Search Window crash: BGT search for “.ton”, Click gen 1 1, Wtt, Scroll search results and click Rev 20:10, Crash (msg beep?)
- Verse Tab: In CNTTS click on link to anchor further down on page, click the left arrow (back) button. Crash. (also note the link had to be clicked twice before registering)
More fixes are underway, but if you’re interested in testing these changes you can follow the following instructions:
- Download the test dmg here: http://edist.bibleworksllc.com/macse...orks-9r3-5.dmg
- Run the BibleWorks 9 Mac Public Preview installer. It will instruct you to drag and copy the BibleWorks package to the OS X Applications folder. Click on the BibleWorks icon in the window and drag it onto the Applications folder in the window. When it say “An item named BibleWorks already exists...” , select Replace.
- Once the update is finished installing, you can run BibleWorks as usual.
I have until now been running my BW9 under Fusion, but would like to try it in the native mac-version. So I downloaded the .dmg, installed it and everything went smoothly until after the first update of patches. Two problems:
- when first launched, I was asked to activate; so I activated using the code shipped with the windows-package. But after the update, I was asked to activate again and now I get a message saying it is not a genuine mac-code.
- I also get the error message below.
So, do I need another license for mac or how?
Looking at your website, I see that I need to order a mac-code. No problem. However, can you confirm that my windows-code will still be operational? I am not planning close down my Fusion environment.
Um, that's knocked out my BW installation. Now when I click on the icon, Bibleworks tries to start up and then shuts itself down. I've tried restarting my mac, but get the same behaviour. I can't remember now how to install from the disk - I click on the autorun.exe icon and it "threatens" me with opening Windows, which doesn't feel right. Can you let me know what to do.
Originally Posted by Nick Laurence
If problem is result of trying to open from existing BW icon on dock - delete this icon - then open updated BW from Finder>Applications - then saved resultant BW icon in dock. (This worked for me!)
A nice idea but...
Thanks for the attempt. I had indeed used the already existing icon, but I've deleted it and tried opening from Finder - same behaviour as before I'm afraid. Even after another restart.
Originally Posted by MortenJensen
Installing the Mac Public Preview will not affect your Fusion BW installation. Hope that helps!
Hi Morten! Yes, you have to have the $6 Mac Public Preview activation code to run it. Sorry, it's due to licensing restrictions.
Originally Posted by MortenJensen