Thread: sort references in summary window

Default sort references in summary window

Hello,

is there any way (probably an add-on) to get the greek references in the summary window atop of the english ones? I donīt want to scroll down each time to the greek refs. Using BW 8.

Blessings,
    Steffen

Strange . . . my Greek references are atop my English ones, for the most part. In the NT, the resource window order seems to be (1) Greek lexicons, (2) Greek grammars, (3) Background, (4) Commentaries, (5) Greek diagrams and textual criticism.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

Stefan,
    My understanding is that in the Resources tab the resources can only be ordered within categories. If you click on one of the sub-tabs under the Resource tab (Lexicons, Grammars, References) and click on one of the resources there, there are tiny arrow at the bottom of the pane that you can use to move that resource up or down.
    But, Lexicons will always be first, with Greek before Hebrew.
    Grammars come next, again with Greek before Hebrew.
    Last are other resources, with English before Greek.

So, to the best of my knowledge, you cannot change the order of these categories/sub-categories.
    If you don't want the English references, you can always un-select them on the sub-tabs.
    (The above applies to both BW8 and BW9)

Sorry.
    Jim

Hey Lee and Jim,

thx for answering.

Iīm sorry, Lee, I wasnīt precise enough. I meant only the order in the "references" tab within the "Resources" tab. The order you described is basically the same for me...

Jim, thx for clarifying. I will send an e-mail to the customer support due to that matter. Somebody has probably the same opinion here so just send an e-mail too...

Blessings,
    Steffen

Jim, thanks for that information. I'd never noticed those arrows before. That will make the Resources tab much more useful for me!

Steffen, your point is now clear. We'll see where they go with it.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    Jim, thanks for that information. I'd never noticed those arrows before. That will make the Resources tab much more useful for me!
    The only reason I'm aware of them is that once upon a time someone (I think it was Mike Hanel) mentioned it.