Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see in BibleWorks 10?

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Cobb View Post
    Dear Steffen,

Perhaps you could give me some pointers on how you get that to work? I can either get the cross version search so that only the search version shows up (e.g., BGM, etc.) or so that every Greek collection in BW is searched. I haven't been able to find a way to perform a search on BGM et PHM only and simultaneously.

Don Cobb
    Click on the big dropdown-button right underneath the command line and then choose "edit search/display favorites". Then click on the "Add"-Button next to the "search and display favorites"-window. Then double-click on "display 01". Now you can add and remove the display versions as you wish. After that you can rename your "display 01"-list into for instance "BGM-Philo". After that if you click on the dropdown-button underneath the CL you will see the name of your just created "display favorite versions". You might also want to create a similar list with all the versions you usually wish to display. Do the same and save the list and you can switch easily from one display version-list to the other in an instant.

I know, thatīs only a little approach for your specific request. Searching for specific passages in one book and specific passages in the other at the same time isnīt possible till now as far as I know.

Hope that helps.
    Steffen

Quote Originally Posted by christlove View Post
    Click on the big dropdown-button right underneath the command line and then choose "edit search/display favorites". Then click on the "Add"-Button next to the "search and display favorites"-window. Then double-click on "display 01". Now you can add and remove the display versions as you wish. After that you can rename your "display 01"-list into for instance "BGM-Philo". After that if you click on the dropdown-button underneath the CL you will see the name of your just created "display favorite versions". You might also want to create a similar list with all the versions you usually wish to display. Do the same and save the list and you can switch easily from one display version-list to the other in an instant.

I know, thatīs only a little approach for your specific request. Searching for specific passages in one book and specific passages in the other at the same time isnīt possible till now as far as I know.

Hope that helps.
    Steffen
    Ok, got it Steffen. Thanks. It is still something I think could be made easier for a future version (especially with the use pane!).

Blessings,

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Cobb View Post
    It is still something I think could be made easier for a future version (especially with the use pane!).
    I appreciate your suggest and totally aggree besides to get a feature like that in the future....

Have an nice day.
    Steffen

Default Display Features

What I want to see in version 10?
    1. Make BW more intuitive!!!!!! (I have to keep remembering how to do basic things.)
    2. More control over the display of the main interface.
    • Adjustable font sizes
    • Adjustable browse window display of a block of text in continuous format (without CRLF line breaks) eg. Acts 1:1-9
    • Ability to integrate the PopUp Browse Window side-by-side with the Main Browse Window so that I can have two of them side by side: a MAIN browse window, and the "PopUP" window. (I want to be able to keep a main text open at all times without having searches change the window, AND without having a PopUp cover part of the other windows.)

Enough for now.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by philo View Post
    What I want to see in version 10?
    2. More control over the display of the main interface.
    • Adjustable font sizes
    You can adjust font sizes. Click on the wrench in the toolbar, and then click on "Fonts." You then have the opportunity to finagle the fonts however you see fit.

Of course, you do have to restart BW to implement the font size changes--perhaps that is what you mean?
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

I would like to see the ability to do a text comparison oftwo different passages. This would include text from the Church Father and textfrom the Scriptures, or two different passages of Scripture such as acomparison of the NT quote of the LXX. I would also like to switch betweenlexicons without having to go back into the browse window.
    chas

Default Adjustable Fonts--on the fly

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    You can adjust font sizes. Click on the wrench in the toolbar, and then click on "Fonts." You then have the opportunity to finagle the fonts however you see fit.

Of course, you do have to restart BW to implement the font size changes--perhaps that is what you mean?
    Thanks for the reply. And you're right, I was not clear enough. Right now, adjusting font sizes is like having a 4 wheel drive that you have to stop, get out, turn the wheel hubs, and get back in to drive. I'd like to be able to adjust on the spot with the click of a button . . . like in MS Word.

Thanks,
    Gary

Default Shortcut that may not be always reliable

In a classroom setting I often need to adjust the font size in the browse window. I have found (and this is clearly not the intended way to do this) that after changing fonts from the menu, if I ignore the advise to restart I can usually implement the new font size by simply clicking on the browse mode toggle icon (two little feet). Clicking twice brings me back to where I was with the new font size displayed. Since at this point I am usually just projecting the text from a secondary browse window, any instability this short cut may produce goes unnoticed. Also I have no problems displaying a range of text as a single block in either browse mode. You just need to remember that if you try to move with an up or down arrow on the slider bar you will revert to a single verse.
    SkipB

"Ambitious to be well-pleasing unto him"
    RJ Blackburn
    Reformed Episcopal Seminary

http://www.reseminary.edu

Default Font adjustment and "block of text"

Quote Originally Posted by SkipB View Post
    In a classroom setting I often need to adjust the font size in the browse window. I have found (and this is clearly not the intended way to do this) that after changing fonts from the menu, if I ignore the advise to restart I can usually implement the new font size by simply clicking on the browse mode toggle icon (two little feet). Clicking twice brings me back to where I was with the new font size displayed. Since at this point I am usually just projecting the text from a secondary browse window, any instability this short cut may produce goes unnoticed. Also I have no problems displaying a range of text as a single block in either browse mode. You just need to remember that if you try to move with an up or down arrow on the slider bar you will revert to a single verse.
    Font Change: Beutimous!

Block of text: Ok, I got it back again after messing around for 30 minutes, but I don't know how. No matter which browse mode I used, a "running block" was not working at all for that last several weeks. Obviously, I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what. But as of now, when I toggle browse off (i.e., the bottom browse button goes light), I can get a range of text to show in a running block (just as before, and just as I want).

Thanks,
    Gary

Default Expanding Vocabulary Flashcard Module

I think it might be helpful to expand the vocabulary flashcard module in two directions.

1) Offer the language study paradigms (for example, offer the Greek paradigms so that we can practice studying the various forms). Offer this by language and by grammar (most popular ones).

2) Go after the Chinese market and other modern language markets by offering two things.
    A) Study the scriptures using the flashcard module. So any student who is learning a foreign language and wants to study the Bible, can easily do so in BibleWorks by configuring the flashcard module to include whatever language they are studying and the words for a range of verses (as you can do in Greek and Hebrew right now). Include audio files with pronunciation. So if my child is learning Spanish or Chinese in school we can share flash card stacks with them from a passage of scripture by quickly going into BibleWorks. Or if we are learning a new language (modern) we can do the same for ourselves.
    Integrate this into Android apps so we can study on our smart phones.

B) For languages like Chinese, upgrade the software to intuitively recognize which characters are clumped together to form a word in the text. Just like
    letters in English are clumped into their individual words, put the characters together (at least behind the scenes) so that when a 'word' is clicked on, all the characters for that word highlight automatically. This is especially helpful for anyone learning a language. And for Chinese (Mandarin) you should offer standard Pinyin as well with accent marks so that people who cannot read very well can identify characters or pronounce them by reading the Pinyin. (Everyone learning Chinese knows that).