Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see in BibleWorks 10?

Or hold Ctrl and scroll with the mouse wheel.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Cobb View Post
    One other thing I would really like to see is this: I don't have the full-blown Logos setup and don't often use Logos apart from a few specific things, but one feature I find very helpful is the ability to save several layouts and come back to them. It's sometimes a little tedious in BW if you're working on a passage for instance with the parallel windows, plus a floating window, etc., to have to set that up again each time. Being able to save setups would be a huge advantage and time saver. Having a dozen or so tabs, as is currently the case, is very helpful, but these are more limited, and I for one have tended to use them more for permanent setups (i.e., one tab for Josephus, one tab for the Apostolic Fathers, etc.)....
    I strongly second this one. It would be amazingly useful to be able to have a setup created for one particular project, and another for a different project, and return to each of these as needed.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Thanks, Michael,

Yes, that is what I am thinking of.

However, why not make that the standard action with the up and down arrows?

Morten

Quote Originally Posted by MortenJensen View Post
    Thanks, Michael,

Morten
    I imagine there's a good reason for it. It probably would make some people unhappy if it were changed. A lot of different people use the search results in different ways so I can imagine this way appeals to some people. Sometimes if I have a particular verse in the browse window and I don't want to lose it, I turn on pop ups in the search window (right click in the search window to toggle that on) or you can toggle the search results so that the full verse shows up. In those cases, I like the current behavior because I can quickly move through the verses and uncheck the ones I don't want, while not losing the original verse that I had in the Browse Window.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Quote Originally Posted by MortenJensen View Post
    Thanks, Michael,

Morten
    I prefer it the way it is. It makes it more flexible.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

obviously I (we?) would like to see the NA28 incorporated. the sooner the better. I think that whenever a critical ed. such as this comes out, than soon after a new BW's edition should as well.

as stated by Morten - more Grammars, text critical works etc. to the Open Res. Summary Window. I'd also like to see things like a tagged ed. of Bullinger's figures of speech added.

- a reading of the Greek and Hebrew text. Specifically, an audio file of the entire BGT and WTT - whereas someone can follow along in the text.

perhaps the published volumes of Biblia Hebraica Quinta

and an eclectic critical edition of the Hebrew Bible, perhaps by my b-day ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    Well if we're going to start counting, then so is Deissman's Bible Studies and Goodwin's Greek Grammar
    I missed Deissmann, because it is listed under "Greek Grammars." That seems odd. I guess it cannot be listed with the Greek lexicons, because it does not use the lexicon browser. But perhaps it should have a different category, such as "Word studies." Then someone could digitally produce "Light from the Ancient East" to go with it.
    Mark Eddy

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    Sometimes if I have a particular verse in the browse window and I don't want to lose it, I turn on pop ups in the search window (right click in the search window to toggle that on)
    I suppose that is only working for BW 9 or am I missing something? Using BW 8.

Blessings,
    Steffen

Quote Originally Posted by christlove View Post

Blessings,
    Steffen
    That's possible. I don't have BW8 installed any more, but if it's not there (Show verse popups) when you right click in the search results list, there may be something in the Options menu, but I doubt it.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Quote Originally Posted by christlove View Post
    That's a recent update since BW 9.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.