Thread: Bibleworks & Tablets: Display Settings

Default Bibleworks & Tablets: Display Settings

I would like to hear how people who have Bibleworks installed on a Windows 8 tablet or computer with a touch screen set up the view options in a touch-friendly way. For example, can you make the icons bigger? What size of fonts do you use? Is there a simple way to optimize Bibleworks for tablet screens? (I'm running Bibleworks on a Surface Pro 3, and the text is so small it makes my eyes hurt.)

Thanks,

David
    Last edited by dmiller; 08-08-2014 at 01:18 PM.

Default BW on a tablet

Quote Originally Posted by dmiller View Post
    I would like to hear how people who have Bibleworks installed on a Windows 8 tablet or computer with a touch screen set up the view options in a touch-friendly way. For example, can you make the icons bigger? What size of fonts do you use? Is there a simple way to optimize Bibleworks for tablet screens? (I'm running Bibleworks on a Surface Pro 3, and the text is so small it makes my eyes hurt.)

Thanks,

David
    David, there is a limit to what you can do under BW9. You can open the SETUP dialog and select fonts and choose large fonts for some things, but the options are limited. In BW10 you will be able to scale the entire screen for top level windows and we are testing on a Surface 3. It looks great. So we are aware of the issue and working to address it. Unfortunately the solution is extremely complex (months of work) and we cannot make it available in BW9. BW10 will be available some time in 2015, Lord willing, but we can't say anything more than that. So hang in there. The current environment is a challenge for programmers on a variety of fronts. Operating System variants, screen sizes and computer capabilities are all over the place.

Mike

Default Exciting News

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    David, there is a limit to what you can do under BW9. You can open the SETUP dialog and select fonts and choose large fonts for some things, but the options are limited. In BW10 you will be able to scale the entire screen for top level windows and we are testing on a Surface 3. It looks great. So we are aware of the issue and working to address it. Unfortunately the solution is extremely complex (months of work) and we cannot make it available in BW9. BW10 will be available some time in 2015, Lord willing, but we can't say anything more than that. So hang in there. The current environment is a challenge for programmers on a variety of fronts. Operating System variants, screen sizes and computer capabilities are all over the place.

Mike
    Keep up the great work! I believe the LORD is willing.
    נֹתֵ֣ן לֶ֭חֶם לְכָל־בָּשָׂ֑ר כִּ֖י לְעוֹלָ֣ם חַסְדּֽוֹ׃

Thanks, Mike. The text is very small, but clear after disabling display scaling on Bibleworks. It displays final on an external monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post

Mike