Thread: X-Refs Window

Default X-Refs Window

Some Bible versions (ESV is one of them) use cross-references in the form of spans of verses rather than single verses only (i.e. Heb 9:2, 3 or Mat 10:9-15). The X-Refs window, it seems, offers a truncated view only, as seen below. Is there a way to change this behavior and see the complete reference? Thank you.
    Mat 10:9-15
    Mat 10:9 Do not acquire gold or silver or copper for your money belts, ....

I played around with it a little, and found that double-clicking the cross-reference will show the entire verse range in the Browse Window. Of course, this means you lose the text you were working with. However, if you open a new Browse Window (View > New Browse Window; or click the button on the toolbar [7th from the right on my BW9 toolbar]), then double-clicking the cross-reference will cause the entire verse range to appear in that new window. You can open several Browse Windows at once this way, convenient for looking at a number of cross references as well as the original verse.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Thank you, David. Seems to be a good solution!
    Hopefully, a future version of BW will allow one to see complete references right in the X-Refs window.

I certainly agree that that would be desirable. Glad this was helpful!
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia