Thread: Program Not Launching

Hybrid View

Default Program Not Launching

I have installed the Mac preview. I have a new Macbook Pro, running OS X 10.8. I followed all the instructions, and install it twice. When I go to launch the program, it brings up the choice of activating by internet or using the 30 day trial. I have already purchased the 6.00 Mac thing, but haven't received the activation by email yet, so I wanted to use the trail. Every time I select it, it shuts down. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

You will need to wait until you get the Mac Preview activation code before the program will start. No trial and no workaround. You will need to be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by jfidel View Post
    You will need to wait until you get the Mac Preview activation code before the program will start. No trial and no workaround. You will need to be patient.
    No problem being patient (well, not much ), but it would have saved me a couple of hours if it would have been posted that this was the case. I installed, reinstalled, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jfidel View Post
    By the way, however, I do appreciate you posting this info. At least I know I just have to wait until I get that code. I appreciate it.

I had difficulty finding the code and actually after a more detailed review, found I had already received it. I received two e mails, that looked identical, only the second e mail had the code for Mac. You may want to preview your e mails from them, if you have received any closely to make sure you do not make the same mistake.

I have commented that this needs to be resolved. Customers want to use what they pay for as soon as it is installed.

Customer support is very good, shoot them an e mail if you have not received the code.

Yes, you need the code. There is no trial mode in the Mac Public Preview. We're still trying to negotiate permission to have a trial mode for it, but it still hasn't been worked out. I will update the install instructions to note that.

Michael