Thread: Margins

Hybrid View

Default Margins

Is it possible to set margins in the BW9 editor?

Refer to the screenshot below. Be sure you've clicked "All Buttons" (top left of the button bar, marked in green in the screenshot), or else just scroll through the buttons using the pink arrow-box on the right end of the button bar. Use the "Decrease/Increase Left Indent" and "Increase/Decrease Right Indent" buttons (top right of the button bar, marked in red in the screenshot). This should function to establish a wider or narrower margin, as shown in the text in the screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Post Follow up

Thanks for that, David. I had figured out earlier to use the indent buttons.
    However, when I have all four columns open in BW9 and one of them is the text editor,
    the words keep running past the right margin and become invisible. When I then
    tried to use the indent button to shrink the right margin, it did not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Schouten View Post
    Thanks for that, David. I had figured out earlier to use the indent buttons.
    However, when I have all four columns open in BW9 and one of them is the text editor,
    the words keep running past the right margin and become invisible. When I then
    tried to use the indent button to shrink the right margin, it did not work.
    Gosh, that's surprising. I also generally use the 4-column layout, with the editor (when I use it) in the 3rd column (counting from the left). I've never seen this, and it leaves me stumped. The only setting related to word wrap or line wrap that I'm aware of has to do with exporting Hebrew text, which surely shouldn't be involved here. Can you possibly include a screenshot showing the problem? Also, what version of BW are you using?

Have you tried using your mouse to adjust the dividing line between the editor and the other Analysis Window column? If you drag that dividing line left or right (thus changing the widths of the columns), does that do any good?

Have you tried closing BibleWorks and restarting it? Complex software will sometimes get some error "stuck" in its current memory (though BW is better than most about this), and quitting and restarting can clear that.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia