Thread: Peshitta - transliterated text for BibleWorks ?

Default Peshitta - transliterated text for BibleWorks ?

Dear Friends,

as I wanted to have a Peshitta text with vowels, I tried to prepare and install the text of this website: http://dukhrana.com/peshitta/index.php

Matthew 1:1 reads: kəṯāḇā dīlīḏūṯeh dəyešūᶜ məšīḥā bəreh dəḏawīḏ bəreh da(ᵓ)ḇrāhām

I want to have it for BibleWorks now - is this possible ? A first attempt failed because of the special font.

Thanks for all further help in this regard !
    Yours
    Peter

Make sure that your transliterated Peshitta was saved in a .txt file. The BibleWorks database compiler uses only files of the .txt type. (Files in .rtf format or with Unicode fonts will not compile correctly.)
    If you have a .txt file, and it still does not compile properly, you may need to do some work to get the correct vowels, soft b and soft d, soft k, cheth, etc. In order to do this, you may wish to export part of the BibleWorks BHT (transliterated Hebrew O.T.) to a .txt file. Then open that file with WordPad or Notepad and compare its system with that of your Peshitta file. You could then use the WordPad "Replace" function to replace all of the Peshitta characters which do not work correctly in BW with those used in the BHT file. But be careful! If you replace a character and then discover that that character was already used, you will not know which instances are correct and which should have been changed to something different first.
    In the service of Immanuel,
    Mark Eddy

Dear Mark,

thank you ! That seems to be a lot of work. So it's not possible to include this text in BibleWorks right as it is?
    Yours in Christ !
    Peter, Germany

Friends, fortunately I've found the Peshitta Old Testament Text according to the Leiden critical edition on the internet - there is also a lexicon included. Please see: http://cal1.cn.huc.edu/
    As you may know the printed Leiden edition is so expensive that noone can afford it :-(
    Is there a discussion board for Peshitta matters ?