Thread: Need Help Uninstalling BW9

Default Need Help Uninstalling BW9

Uninstalling BW9 before installing BW10 should be an easy task. I have uninstalled previous BW installations when I have upgraded to new versions before. I haveWindows 7 OS on my pc. I can run the "reconfigure or uninstall BW9" applet. But, it takes me to an installing screen. I can enter my BW9 code but again, it wants to install. I cannot find a modify or uninstall choice. I tried running the dvd for BW9 that I used to install it but again, I can only install.

Anybody have this issue and resolved it? There must be a simple solution that I am overlooking.

Note: I did try uninstalling through Control Panel. BibleWorks 9 is not listed as being installed and it is.
    Last edited by Joan Korte; 04-30-2015 at 12:44 PM.

I uninstalled through Control Panel without any problems.

The fact that BW9 doesn't show up is strange. But it still runs fine?

You might try downloading Advanced Uninstaller Pro if all else fails. I believe it's free, at least for a trial period.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I uninstalled through Control Panel without any problems.

The fact that BW9 doesn't show up is strange. But it still runs fine?

You might try downloading Advanced Uninstaller Pro if all else fails. I believe it's free, at least for a trial period.
    It does run fine! I left a voicemail for tech support for BW staff. A little frustrating not being able to call BibleWorks and get tech support, particularly now when there is so much user activity. I probably could use a third party uninstaller but I really want an official BibleWorks answer or some targeted help from them.

Thanks, Lee.

Default Uninstalling BW9

Joan,

Sorry for the slow response of tech support. They are swamped right now.

Is there an entry for BW9 in the Windows "remove app" utility? If there isn't that something has removed the uninstall info that InstallShield uses to uninstall the program. What I would recommend is to just go ahead and install BW10. It should work fine. This will leave behind a large BW9 folder but I would leave it until you are sure you have all the files that you need from the old setup. When you are done with it just delete that folder and you are good to go. Leaving the folder does no real harm.

Mike Bushell
    BibleWorks

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    Joan,

Sorry for the slow response of tech support. They are swamped right now.

Is there an entry for BW9 in the Windows "remove app" utility? If there isn't that something has removed the uninstall info that InstallShield uses to uninstall the program. What I would recommend is to just go ahead and install BW10. It should work fine. This will leave behind a large BW9 folder but I would leave it until you are sure you have all the files that you need from the old setup. When you are done with it just delete that folder and you are good to go. Leaving the folder does no real harm.

Mike Bushell
    BibleWorks
    Thanks, Mike, meanwhile, staff sent an email and I did what they advised--a minimal install of BW9 which I did and then was able to see BibleWorks 9 in the list in Control Panel. Uninstalled. Touchdown!!!

Hi Joan,
    Same thing happened to me when I tried to uninstall BW9 before installing BW10 to create more space. BW9 didn't show up in my Control Panel for uninstalling. I did it the old fashioned way and just went to the C drive... programs... and deleted the entire BW9 folder... and the shortcuts icons in my menus & desktop. Probably not the best way to do it... but it worked.

Btw, if you've downloaded and installed any extras (such as versions, Eusebius, Josephus, etc) from the BW blog or elsewhere, be sure to back that up before deleting or uninstalling... or else it will be gone.

It is really best to uninstall the way tech. support said. Because if you simply delete the BW9 folder, you will delete any user-created files, notes, user databases, favorites, version order, etc. It is really best to let the install disk delete it, because that will leave all the files you changed (or received from BW after the release of BW9), so that you can migrate them into BW10.
    This may say you hours of time and regrets.
    Mark Eddy