Thread: Shortcut for Morphology assistant?

Default Shortcut for Morphology assistant?

Hello all,

I'm wondering if there is another way of opening the morphology assistant than clicking on the icon in the tools menu bar. The reason I ask is that, as those who are currently using the Mac version know, the button bar on this version is 1) incomplete and 2) unmodifiable. Specifically, the morphology assistant can't be added to it. Most of the other functions can be accessed via the menus, but I haven't seen anything elsewhere for this one.

The morphology assistant is particularly helpful in searching for things like (in the BGM) perfect infinitives and participles. Using the command line assistant you can search for one or the other but not both in a single search. If anyone can be of assistance, it would be greatly appreciated!

Blessings during this Christmas season.

Donald Cobb
    Aix-en-Provence, France

Joyeux Noel, Donald!
    Actually, the Morphology Assistant won't help you with that.
    You can, however, conduct the search from the command line you asked about: "searching for things like (in the BGM) perfect infinitives and participles"

.*@v[np]x*

The little trick there is the bracket, and once you type that, the command line assistant will let you enter multiple codes until you close the bracket.
    At least that is how it works on Windows...
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

Quote Originally Posted by MGVH View Post
    Joyeux Noel, Donald!
    Actually, the Morphology Assistant won't help you with that.
    You can, however, conduct the search from the command line you asked about: "searching for things like (in the BGM) perfect infinitives and participles"

.*@v[np]x*

The little trick there is the bracket, and once you type that, the command line assistant will let you enter multiple codes until you close the bracket.
    At least that is how it works on Windows...
    Mark,

Joyeux Nol vous aussi ! You are right, the example was not a good one. It was just that, an example. The morphology assistant is handy and user friendly, it's frustrating not to be able to use it on the Mac version. I hope that will be taken care of on the next update...

In the meantime, thanks for the hint on using the brackets. I hadn't paid much attention to that.

Blessings on you during this Advent and Christmas season!

Donald