Thread: Why BMAC install code?

Default Why BMAC install code?

Really making it more challenging than it needs to be by all these activation codes that take up to a day to get via e mail. Why not just provide the code with the receipt when the Mac Preview is purchased? Why a different code from the DVDs? No phone support makes it a bit frustrating to get this installed and running. This needs to be automatic like the PC side, all done from the DVDs please.

It wouldn't be as bad if we could run the trial mode while waiting for the additional activation codes... Sorry, just got everything installed and wanted to get it setup in the time I have available today... I will be patient, but consider making this process easier please of those that follow me.

Thanks for listening.
    Last edited by jfidel; 11-09-2012 at 05:11 PM.

Default Why a BMAC code

Quote Originally Posted by jfidel View Post
    Really making it more challenging than it needs to be by all these activation codes that take up to a day to get via e mail. Why not just provide the code with the receipt when the Mac Preview is purchased? Why a different code from the DVDs? No phone support makes it a bit frustrating to get this installed and running. This needs to be automatic like the PC side, all done from the DVDs please.

It wouldn't be as bad if we could run the trial mode while waiting for the additional activation codes... Sorry, just got everything installed and wanted to get it setup in the time I have available today... I will be patient, but consider making this process easier please of those that follow me.

Thanks for listening.
    We really did try to make it as easy as possible. The problem was (is) that we have to pay royalties on the Mac libraries used in the Mac version and that means we have to track the number of people installing it. The only alternative was to just pay the royalty for every BW user whether they install the Mac version or not, but in a time when money is very tight that just wasn't possible.

Some people are frustrated by the fact that we no longer give users direct immediate access to tech support. Instead you call and leave your number and we get back. The reason for the change was that we realized that most of the time of the tech support guys was being consumed by a very small number of people calling many times and talking for a long time. That made it difficult for others to get through. We have a small tech support staff and this approach seemed like a good middle ground between what we had been doing and charging for tech support (which is what many are doing).

We will certainly do what we can to streamline the process and our current procedures are not cast in concrete. We appreciate the input.

Mike Bushell
    BibleWorks

Thanks for the reply. My problem currently is that I purchased and have BW 9 installed on my Mac and have to wait for Monday to get the authorization code.
    A few suggestions:
    How about letting Mac users order the DVDs either new, upgrade or v3 with the Mac Preview and then just send everything including the Mac Code at the same time.
    While I understand your royalty issue, there are ways to make this so you do not have a customer that has recently upgraded or purchased BW9, installed it and is now waiting a day, or if a weekend days to authorize its use. As more Mac users purchase your product for the first time, which I am not, why put them through having to wait to use their purchased and installed product. I think you need to do this better.
    In the meantime, unless someone can get me my code over the weekend, i will wait until Monday to set up BW9 on my Mac. This is not the end of the world, but my comments are meant to offer suggestions to do this better for your Mac customers. As you expand into this market you will get complaints because most customers want to begin using the software they purchased once it is installed.

I do appreciate your work in this area and offer these comments constructively.

Just as a follow up, BW staff responded promptly to resolve the matter and replied before the weekend. As always, they have great support and I am pleased to be able to continue to use BW9 on the Mac.