Hello all,

I have been trying to resolve a problem that many of you would probably never be confronted with, but I'll give it a shot anyway!

When exporting French Bible versions from BW9 into a Word document in French, with French set as the default language in Word, the Bible verses are imported as English language text; i.e., the spell checker sees them as English words and applies the English check to them. Of course, this doesn't work: practically every word is underlined as misspelt.

Obviously, I can highlight the text in my Word document, then go into "language" and change it manually to French. That's what I've been doing up to now. But it requires 3-4 additional steps and when I'm preparing a course with frequent Scripture quotations (as I'm doing right now), it quickly becomes laborious...

So my question is this: is there any setting in Bible works that would allow me to export French text as French text?

I imagine anyone working with other languages would have the same problem I do. Have others run up against this? If nothing exists at present that would allow different languages to be exported for what they are, would it be possible to add this feature in a subsequent version of BW (or, better, as a patch in BW9)? (Question for the folks at BW!)

Any help or insights would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Blessings,

Don Cobb
Aix-en-Provence, France