Installing on a Mac without a DVD drive
If you don't have a DVD drive (part of System Requirements) on your Mac, you can try the following:
- To install BibleWorks on a Mac, the System Requirements specify that a DVD drive is needed. The steps below have worked for some users, but we can’t guarantee success if your system does not have a DVD drive.
- You will need to copy all of the files from the BibleWorks DVDs into a single folder on your Mac. There are several ways to accomplish this. The most efficient way to copy these files is through a portable USB drive. Another option is to copy the files over your LAN if your Mac and the other computer with a DVD drive are connected on a LAN though we do not recommend this because of the amount of data (12 GB).
Note: When you are copying the files on the DVD into a single folder, you can allow the following files to be overwritten: crc.exe, crcf.exe., check.exe, crc.def.
- Now you can run the BibleWorks installation using the files you copied from your DVDs.
- Run the dmg installer.
- In the dmg’s installation window drag the BibleWorks icon into the Application folder.
- Open a Finder window.
- Click Applications | BibleWorks. This opens a window with “Install / Reconfigure” and “Cancel”. Ignore this window and go to the main menu (the Apple menu).
- From the main menu, select File | Run Command.
- In the Run Command window, click Browse and go to the folder with your DVD files.
- Select “setup.exe” from that folder and click the Open button.
- In the Run Command window, click the Run button.
- The BibleWorks installation program will now begin. Follow all onscreen instructions to install BibleWorks.
- When the installation is complete, you will be back at the Run Command window. Click the Cancel button.
- The window with “Install / Reconfigure” and “Cancel” will be visible. You may click Cancel to close it.
- BibleWorks is now installed. We highly recommend that you immediately apply the current EXE patch (from the BibleWorks menu, select Help | BibleWorks on the Internet | Check for updates).
Hope that helps.
Last edited by admin; 02-13-2013 at 03:48 PM.