Thread: Updating books.bna to books_sbl.bna or customizing in Mac Preview BW9

Default Updating books.bna to books_sbl.bna or customizing in Mac Preview BW9

Hi, I love the new BW9--I switched over to a mac about 2 years ago and have missed working with BW9 in class and in research. Now I can use it once again. One thing that I need to change is how the exported biblical book abbreviations are given--I need to use either books_sbl.bna or to copy and paste my own version of this from an edited version of books.bna. How do I do this? I searched my MacBook for books.bna, and could not find it after I installed the Mac Preview BW9--the files seem to be hidden or changed or something.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Long View Post
    Hi, I love the new BW9--I switched over to a mac about 2 years ago and have missed working with BW9 in class and in research. Now I can use it once again. One thing that I need to change is how the exported biblical book abbreviations are given--I need to use either books_sbl.bna or to copy and paste my own version of this from an edited version of books.bna. How do I do this? I searched my MacBook for books.bna, and could not find it after I installed the Mac Preview BW9--the files seem to be hidden or changed or something.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Well you just go to the C:\ prompt... Just kidding!

The way to access the BibleWorks folder (that I know of) is to do the following....

1. Open Finder.
    2. Hold Option and select Go | Library.
    3. Go to Library | Application Support | BibleWorks |Bottles | Bibleworks | drive_c | Program Files | BibleWorks 9

After you navigate to your \init\ folder, you can use Preview (or some other basic text editor) to edit the files.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!