Thread: Citation of resources on Bibleworks 6

Question Citation of resources on Bibleworks 6

Does anyone know how to cite ISBE, Fausset's, and BDAG when the source is BW6. If possible could you tell me how to do this in Turabian Style for Bibliography and foot note.

Andrew

PS
    Is the edition of ISBE on BW6 the revised edition by Geoffrey W. Bromiley (1979-82)?
    Last edited by Andrew Calvert; 11-10-2004 at 10:18 PM.

Post Copyright info within Bibleworks

While I can't give you the exact format you'd want to use in a bibliography I can tell you where to find the copyright info you're looking for. In the Menu go to Help:About Bibleworks:Copyrights. This is the information you'll find that on the ISBE

22. ISBE, The International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, 1915, 1st Edition, from Dr. Stanley Morris, IBT, 1997. Original unabridged edition. James Orr, M.A., D.D. General Editor. John L. Nuelsen, D.D., LL.D. Edgar Y. Mullins, D.D., LL.D. Assistant Editors. Morris O. Evans, D.D., PhD. Managing Editor. (Melvin Grove Kyle, D.D., JJ.D. Revising Editor. Revision published in 1939 by Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co.)

So in other words, it's not the newest edition.

Mike Hanel
    MDiv Student Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Student Washington University

Default BW Citations

I've been a bit slow at it, but I am working on citations for the BW information sources. I will try to finish the ones you requested this evening.

And yes, they will be in Turabian format, both footnote and bibliography formats.

Glenn Weaver

Default Citations

Until the 7th edition of Turabian comes out the standard for online/electronic citations is:

Walker, Janice R., and Todd Taylor. The Columbia Guide to Online Style. New York: Columbia University Press, 1998.

Here are some examples (indenting may be off due to the forum editor window):

N = Footnote

B = Bibliography

General Citation for an Electronic Concordance Program

N.

1 Michael S. Bushell and Michael D. Tan, BibleWorks 6.0.009i (BibleWorks, 2003).

B.

Bushell, Michael S. and Michael D. Tan. BibleWorks 6.0.009i BibleWorks, 2003.

Citation for a Text Module from an Electronic Concordance Program

N.

1 Martin G. Abegg Jr., “The Qumran Sectarian Manuscripts (withMorphological Tags) 1999, 2000, 2001,” BibleWorks 6.0.009i (BibleWorks, 2003).

B.

Abegg, Martin G. Jr. The Qumran Sectarian Manuscripts (with Morphological Tags). 1999, 2000, 2001. BibleWorks 6.0.009i BibleWorks, 2003.

N.

1 Alan Groves and Wheeler, “Groves-Wheeler Westminster Morphology and Lemma Database (WTM), Release 3.5. 2001,” BibleWorks 6.0.009i (BibleWorks, 2003).

B.

Groves, Alan and Wheeler. Groves-Wheeler Westminster Morphology and Lemma Database (WTM), Release 3.5. 2001. BibleWorks 6.0.009i BibleWorks, 2003.

N.

1 Michaels S. Bushell, Jean-Noel Aletti and Andrzej Gieniusz, “BibleWorks Greek New Testament Morphology (BNM). 1999-2001,” BibleWorks 6.0.009i (BibleWorks, 2003).

B.

Bushell, Michael S., Jean-Noel Aletti and Andrzej Gieniusz. BibleWorks Greek New Testament Morphology (BNM). 1999-2001. BibleWorks 6.0.009i BibleWorks, 2003.

Citation for a Lexicon Module from an Electronic Concordance Program

N.

1 BDAG, BibleWorks 6.0.009i (BibleWorks, 2003).
    B.

Bauer, W., F. W. Danker, W. F. Arndt, and F. W. Gingrich. Greek-English Leixcon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature. 3d ed. Chicago, 1999. BibleWorks 6.0.009i BibleWorks, 2003.

N.

1 HALOT, BibleWorks 6.0.009i (BibleWorks, 2003).

B.

Keohler, L., W. Baumgartner, and J. J. Stamm, The Hebrew and Aramaic Lexicon of the Old Testament. Leiden, 1994-1999. BibleWorks 6.0.009i BibleWorks, 2003.

Hope this helps.
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wrïa' ~yI©AGB;÷ ~Wrïa' ~yhi_l{a/ ykiänOa'-yKi W[d>Wâ WPår>h;

This is perfect. Thanks so much folks. Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!