Thread: Crossover previous install

Hybrid View

Default Crossover previous install

I have BW9 installed via Crossover on my Mac Pro. I'm assuming the new Mac version will have some updated code and will fix now or in the future a problem I have with links. Hopefully too the new version will start up a little faster.

My question is though, should I uninstall the Crossover version already installed before install the new native Mac version?

Thanks,
    Larry

Larry, though this version doesn't require CrossOver, I don't think you have to uninstall CrossOver. If you're only using CrossOVer for BibleWorks, though, this has customized libraries that increase BW support. This version creates the BibleWorks 9 bottle in Library | Application Support | BibleWorks. I think the CrossOver bottles are in a different location, right?

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    I have BW9 installed via Crossover on my Mac Pro. I'm assuming the new Mac version will have some updated code and will fix now or in the future a problem I have with links. Hopefully too the new version will start up a little faster.
    Larry,

I have both versions on my Mac Book Pro. Ever since installing BW9 with CrossOver back in March, I too found that start up time was unusually long. The new version starts up as quickly as BW on Windows, or at least with no appreciable difference (I haven't noticed any at all), i.e., about twice a fast as running through the standard CrossOver setup. The new setup also resolves several--though not all (not yet!)--of the glitches that have frustrated me over the last several months with the standard setup.

One very nice thing: you can now open CHM files! It isn't perfect yet, and a lot of navigating through a file/files will seems to make BW become unstable and then crash, but it's a major step forward from what I've been used to since this last spring.

Donald Cobb
    Aix-en-Provence, France

Thank you.

I'll leave installed when I install the new version just to see what happens. Maybe. My desire for a quick install may overcome my desire to play.

I'm glad to hear the native version starts faster. The Crossover install is nice but I do miss the chm files and it also doesn't allow inserting links in notes.

Larry