Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Downloading Installer

Default bw paralells verses mac

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Cobb View Post
    Hello Andrew,

I personnally would hold off on uninstalling Parallels. The new version has made notable improvements over the setup BW9 + Crossover as a separate install (I've had that on my mac book pro since the spring), but I think you'd still miss some of the features you may be used to working with through Parallels. I've been using both concurrently as of late, and more and more the new version. But there are still some kinks that would need to be worked out before I make a total change.

If I'm running my mac on battery power, the new version is the only one that's open, as Windows really sucks up battery life. My take on the situation, though, is that it doesn't totally replace using Parallels. Not yet, anyway! You should probably install both and see what you can and can't do with the IOS one only, then make a decision based on that.

Donald Cobb
    Aix-en-Provence, France
    how is parallels bw better than Mac one?

Default Got onto Robinsong Song

ok I got onto Robin Song, who was able to confirm that he was unasure about the copyright of his installer file featured in these forums in around April 2006.

Default Installer for MAC

I ordered the rev 3 cds yesturday, how do I get the installer and unlock code?
    the BW 9 wants to know about shipping on the installer. Did I need to order the installer and cds together or is installer a download?

Quote Originally Posted by andrew short View Post
    I ordered the rev 3 cds yesturday, how do I get the installer and unlock code?
    the BW 9 wants to know about shipping on the installer. Did I need to order the installer and cds together or is installer a download?
    The installer is available on this page under instruction item #2. You can download the installer at any time, but it is my understanding that you will not be able to successfully run the installer without a BibleWorks Mac activation code.

If you ordered the DVDs, you still have to go to the BibleWorks store and buy the Mac activation code because before today it wasn't possible to order both the DVDs and a Mac activation code on the same transaction. It's currently free, so it's not a problem. You have to submit your current BW9 activation code. And then it says it will take them a business day to verify that code and then they will email you your Mac activation code. You do have to fill in address info, but that's probably just for mailing list purposes, there is no shipping of the Mac activation code; it arrives via email.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    The installer is available on this page under instruction item #2. You can download the installer at any time, but it is my understanding that you will not be able to successfully run the installer without a BibleWorks Mac activation code.

If you ordered the DVDs, you still have to go to the BibleWorks store and buy the Mac activation code because before today it wasn't possible to order both the DVDs and a Mac activation code on the same transaction. It's currently free, so it's not a problem. You have to submit your current BW9 activation code. And then it says it will take them a business day to verify that code and then they will email you your Mac activation code. You do have to fill in address info, but that's probably just for mailing list purposes, there is no shipping of the Mac activation code; it arrives via email.
    I downloaded in installer and ran BW 9 v2 without needing the code. I emailed BW asking them to cancel my order. Hopefully they will.

And the installer from Robin Song does not work. if anyone knows a legal download of old versions let me know.

I have two different thoughts. 1) if you've already had BibleWorks up and running before this, you can simply copy the versions from your old BibleWorks installation and put them in your new one (they are all contained within the BibleWorks folder in a subfolder for \databases\, just be careful of overwriting newer versions of the files). 2) If I remember correctly, the Robin Song files is simply a self-executable zip file (or something like that). All it does when you run it is install (unzip) the files it contained in the BibleWorks \databases\ folder. So if you can't run the executable file on a Mac, put it in a PC and run them and then look for the files it unzips in a directory that should be something like C:\Program Files\BibleWorks X\.... Grab the files on a flash drive and then copy them to your computer.
    Michael Hanel
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    LibraryThing!

Default Bibles

I have two different thoughts. 1) if you've already had BibleWorks up and running before this, you can simply copy the versions from your old BibleWorks installation and put them in your new one (they are all contained within the BibleWorks folder in a subfolder for \databases\, just be careful of overwriting newer versions of the files). 2) If I remember correctly, the Robin Song files is simply a self-executable zip file (or something like that). All it does when you run it is install (unzip) the files it contained in the BibleWorks \databases\ folder. So if you can't run the executable file on a Mac, put it in a PC and run them and then look for the files it unzips in a directory that should be something like C:\Program Files\BibleWorks X\.... Grab the files on a flash drive and then copy them to your computer.

What's the story about the files being uploaded by Bob Venem, are they legal and still around?

Quote Originally Posted by andrew short View Post
    What's the story about the files being uploaded by Bob Venem, are they legal and still around?
    You can try contacting him personally. But he told us (at the Unofficial BibleWorks blog) that he had questions about the copyright status of the files and wanted us to remove them, so we did.
    Michael Hanel
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    LibraryThing!

You can try contacting him personally. But he told us (at the Unofficial BibleWorks blog) that he had questions about the copyright status of the files and wanted us to remove them, so we did.
    Mike, what's the email address?

Andrew,

Michael stated the situation correctly. I have several versions in BW format but their copyright status is indeterminable, so to share them is problematic. Sorry.

Bob