Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Running the BW9 Mac Public Preview

Quote Originally Posted by AbramKJ View Post
    Curious to know if future updates will offer any adjustments to the font displays?
    That'a a question I've been asking myself also, with the hope that the answer is yes!

I have one other question also: yesterday I received a generic email stating this, among other things: "We've put a lot of effort into the BibleWorks 9 Mac Installer-- many fixes and improvements enable you to run BibleWorks 9 natively on your Mac using customized WINE libraries. Existing Mac Public Preview users can update free here: http://www.bibleworks.com/content/mac.html"

I was wondering if this last sentence (I've put it in italics) means that there is a recent update that hasn't been mentioned elsewhere. Does anyone have an answer to this?

Donald Cobb
    Aix-en-Provence, France

I was wondering if this last sentence (I've put it in italics) means that there is a recent update that hasn't been mentioned elsewhere. Does anyone have an answer to this?

Donald Cobb
    Aix-en-Provence, France[/QUOTE]

I wondered this as well - but on seeking to implement it seems to be the update in July.

My major problem with the font is not the issue of quality but the inability to alter the size of font in the Analysis Window and the Independent window for the Verse Tab items and for certain modules such as Early Church Fathers, Bavinck, Word-Search modules etc which makes them virtually unusable under the Mac Version. This is disappointing as I have in other respects been very happy with the Mac Version. Unless this problem is resolved it will not be possible to completely move away from Parallels Version, which then rather defeats the object of having a Mac version. It would be helpful to know if/when this is likely to be resolved.

Andrew Chuter
    Last edited by Andrew Chuter; 09-06-2013 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Poor Grammar

I asked the same question on the FB wall, and they said:

"The preview was basically the "beta" and now that we have drastically improved it, we have given it the official label."

Quote Originally Posted by AbramKJ View Post
    I asked the same question on the FB wall, and they said:

"The preview was basically the "beta" and now that we have drastically improved it, we have given it the official label."
    Thanks Andrew and Abram. The last update I installed goes back to the beginning of June (June 3 to be exact). Andrew, I didn't see anything come my way in July. Are you sure about the date? I may have missed one, but I've been getting them pretty consistently. Thanks for checking!

Don
    Last edited by Donald Cobb; 09-06-2013 at 08:44 AM.

If you open BibleWorks and then help/about from the menu it will show you the version you are running. Mine was identical to the version in the e mail. I think the e mail was confusing and the method to update even more confusing. In the future I would prefer a clear and concise path to the update file.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Cobb View Post
    Thanks Andrew and Abram. The last update I installed goes back to the beginning of June (June 3 to be exact). Andrew, I didn't see anything come my way in July. Are you sure about the date? I may have missed one, but I've been getting them pretty consistently. Thanks for checking!

Don
    Donald,
    In the Knowledge Base item 'How Do I Install, or Uninstall, the BibleWorks 9 Mac Installer?' the Download Mac Installer link has "updated 2013-07-11" against it.

Regards
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Chuter View Post
    Donald,
    In the Knowledge Base item 'How Do I Install, or Uninstall, the BibleWorks 9 Mac Installer?' the Download Mac Installer link has "updated 2013-07-11" against it.

Regards
    Andrew
    Thank you Andrew! I hadn't taken the time to look at that.

Don

Not a single Mac sold has a DVD drive in it. You need to come up with a way to install without a DVD. The format is a dead format on the Mac platform for most people today.
    Dr. Kevin Purcell I am a BW9 User!
    Columnist for Christian Computing Magazine
    See my personal blog at www.KevinPurcell.org
    Follow me on Twitter @kapurcell

Quote Originally Posted by kpurcell View Post
    Not a single Mac sold has a DVD drive in it. You need to come up with a way to install without a DVD. The format is a dead format on the Mac platform for most people today.
    For what it's worth, the Macbook Pro does, indeed, have an optical drive.

Quote Originally Posted by letteney View Post
    For what it's worth, the Macbook Pro does, indeed, have an optical drive.
    Not anymore. Apple killed the optical disc this week announcing their new machine with no optical drive.
    Dr. Kevin Purcell I am a BW9 User!
    Columnist for Christian Computing Magazine
    See my personal blog at www.KevinPurcell.org
    Follow me on Twitter @kapurcell