Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Running the BW9 Mac Public Preview

Unfortunately, this preview is unworkable for me. When I have the excellent verse function open, the verse down buttons in the browse window gets stuck and continuously scroll down. I am unable to simply click once and get the verse to change once. This makes the preview unusable for me. Rather disappointingly I reported this problem to Bibleworks on 2nd November and have still not had a reply yet (12 days later).
    Duncan Forbes
    New Life Church, Roehampton, London
    www.newlifelondon.com
    www.duncanf.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dunk View Post
    Unfortunately, this preview is unworkable for me. When I have the excellent verse function open, the verse down buttons in the browse window gets stuck and continuously scroll down. I am unable to simply click once and get the verse to change once. This makes the preview unusable for me. Rather disappointingly I reported this problem to Bibleworks on 2nd November and have still not had a reply yet (12 days later).
    I have e mailed Michael Tan and he has identified the bug and put it on the list of known issues.

As a work around if you turn the browse window to browse mode rather than multi translation mode, the verse tab will update to the verse you mouse over. It is a viable work around until a fix is in place.

I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by jfidel View Post
    I have e mailed Michael Tan and he has identified the bug and put it on the list of known issues.

As a work around if you turn the browse window to browse mode rather than multi translation mode, the verse tab will update to the verse you mouse over. It is a viable work around until a fix is in place.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks jfiedl, glad to see it finally made it into the known issues.
    Thanks for the workaround too, unfortunately that isn't a viable work around for me as I always use the multi-translation mode, but I'm glad it works for you.

Looking forward to the update.
    Duncan Forbes
    New Life Church, Roehampton, London
    www.newlifelondon.com
    www.duncanf.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dunk View Post
    Thanks jfiedl, glad to see it finally made it into the known issues.
    Thanks for the workaround too, unfortunately that isn't a viable work around for me as I always use the multi-translation mode, but I'm glad it works for you.

Looking forward to the update.
    You can open a browse window in the other analysis window in multi translation mode, just use the browse window in browse mode to change verses... just an idea. You may have the other analysis window open with MSS so that won't work.

Default Will we need to purchase separate licenses for Mac and PC versions of BW9?

Will BW 9 owners have to buy a separate license for the BW 9 Mac version when it's released?

I've owned BW since v. 3 and have faithfully upgraded through v. 8, which I currently use. I'm not in a position (read: no dough) to upgrade to BW9, though I'd consider it if I knew it would include licenses for both Mac and PC versions (uh-hem, as Logos does ...).

Thanks.

Default Will this still work?

Quote Originally Posted by dribex View Post
    Unfortunately, there is a cost (about $25 for the set). If you are daring and don't mind getting your hands dirty, you can make rev. 1 and 2 DVDs work, but don't recommend it unless you are comfortable with the following steps:

1. Download and run the installer from the Mac page.
    2. Install BW9 from your BW9 DVDs. You will get a SmartHeap error at the end, and the program will not run.
    3. After the installation from DVD is done, open Finder.
    4. Hold Option and select Go | Library.
    5. Go to Library | Application Support | BibleWorks |Bottles | Bibleworks | drive_c | Program Files | BibleWorks 9
    6. Download http://bibleworks.com/support/et7br/bw900macupd.zip
    7. Paste the contents of the zip file into that folder. You must overwrite the existing files.
    8. You should now be able to run.

Hope that helps!
    Michael
    I had been running Parallels on my Macbook Air for the sole purpose of using Bibleworks. This was before the Mac version came out. This week my hard drive crashed and I had to reinstall everything. I would like to get rid of the windows side if possible.

Does this procedure still work for those who have Rev 1 BW9 discs? I really don't want to spend $30 for replacement discs if not absolutely necessary.

Thanks for the advice...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Does this procedure still work for those who have Rev 1 BW9 discs? I really don't want to spend $30 for replacement discs if not absolutely necessary. .
    I believe it should work, but the caveats still remain.

Michael

Default It does work...

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I believe it should work, but the caveats still remain.

Michael
    Just to confirm. This procedure does still work. I ordered the new Mac code and followed the direction. It worked fine.

Initial reaction is it is good, but the font quality if much lower that the windows version running Parallels.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Just to confirm. This procedure does still work. I ordered the new Mac code and followed the direction. It worked fine.

Initial reaction is it is good, but the font quality if much lower that the windows version running Parallels.
    Is the font issue something that future updates might address?

Curious to know if future updates will offer any adjustments to the font displays?