Thread: Happy BW9 on Windows 8 tablet video

Default Happy BW9 on Windows 8 tablet video

A quick BW9 demo on a Win8 tablet. Enjoy! More to come!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn6z3obPS7s

Such a nice video.
    The easy music and the easy handling on the tablet fits so awesome that it touched my heart.

Blessings for your further work
    Steffen

Very cool -- so far, the only thing close to a serious reason for me to get a tablet!

However, I did not appreciate the Mitt Romney ad. That may have been Google's doing rather than yours, but I found it completely inappropriate, and if it was Google, perhaps BW could let them know.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    Very cool -- so far, the only thing close to a serious reason for me to get a tablet!

However, I did not appreciate the Mitt Romney ad. That may have been Google's doing rather than yours, but I found it completely inappropriate, and if it was Google, perhaps BW could let them know.
    Sounds like Google's doing. I'm not sure BW has a say in what ads you may or may not see. I personally didn't see any ad, but perhaps that's because I use Ad Block +. Where exactly did you see the ad?
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default Romney Ad

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    Sounds like Google's doing. I'm not sure BW has a say in what ads you may or may not see. I personally didn't see any ad, but perhaps that's because I use Ad Block +. Where exactly did you see the ad?
    The ads are placed there by Google. They are based, I believe, on a combination of users browsing habits and money Google receives from paid advertisers. It is the price we all pay for free video posts. We don't have any control over it.

Anyone who finds political ads offensive is going to have a rough October.

We try to stay away from politics, at least on this forum, not because it is unimportant, but because it would be counter-productive and would not serve the purpose of the forum, which is to help BibleWorks users. I am having a difficult time now restraining myself from saying something political so I had better just stop.

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    The ads are placed there by Google. They are based, I believe, on a combination of users browsing habits and money Google receives from paid advertisers...
    You are 100% correct on this. I Googled some Bowflex stuff about two weeks ago and since that time, just about every site I visit, including Youtube, offers me Bowflex equipment. The ads vary as to which Bowflex equipment they offer me, but it's always something from Bowflex.

Default Blame Google. *Always* blame Google. :-)

Thanks, Michael and Mike. Michael, that's a point in favor of Ad Block +! About 10 seconds into the video I see an ad bar appear in the lower 1/5 of the video. It cycles through 3 ads as the video plays, and has an X to close it.

As I reflected on this, I became more convinced that it was Google, not BW, and I apologize for any implied criticism. I know that BW keeps its forums and its promotional materials non-political, and I appreciate it. I have way more opportunities than I want to receive and express political opinions!

So I lay it at the smelly feet of Google. I will just say that, based on my personal browsing habits, they must have gotten a boatload of money to show me that ad! And leave it at that. Today the ad was for Google Play, Madden 13, and a NextCom tablet, which does at least bear some relationship to what I do online. Which creeps me out even more, but that is yet another topic for some other venue.

Anyway, thanks for clearing it up.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    Thanks, Michael and Mike. Michael, that's a point in favor of Ad Block +! About 10 seconds into the video I see an ad bar appear in the lower 1/5 of the video. It cycles through 3 ads as the video plays, and has an X to close it.
    Yeah I know that it may not do much to help the internet stay free, but I would not use an internet browser without the Ad Block plug in. Whenever people complain about ads on Facebook I always have to tell myself that there really are ads, but I don't see 90% of them because of Ad Block. It's a lifesaver.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!