Thread: Macbook and the Popup Copy Window

Hybrid View

Default Macbook and the Popup Copy Window

I recently switched from a PC to a Macbook and have been using BW9 with Parallels. This seems to work very well, except that I think I lost a bit of functionality with the popup copy window. I used to be able to copy verses directly into Word using the popup copy window, but now the Window's side apparently does not know the Mac side exists. The popup copy window can't find my Word for Mac document.

Have other Mac users noted this? Have you found a way around it? (Other than copying to the clipboard and then clicking the paste button on Word)

Any insight would be very much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I recently switched from a PC to a Macbook and have been using BW9 with Parallels. This seems to work very well, except that I think I lost a bit of functionality with the popup copy window. I used to be able to copy verses directly into Word using the popup copy window, but now the Window's side apparently does not know the Mac side exists. The popup copy window can't find my Word for Mac document.

Have other Mac users noted this? Have you found a way around it? (Other than copying to the clipboard and then clicking the paste button on Word)

Any insight would be very much appreciated!
    Eric,

Using parallels, you should be able to open the popup window in your Windows program and paste what you want into a word processor there (I've done that with good results). However, I've never been able to open the popup window directly in my Mac partition, perhaps because the cmd key in Mac isn't totally equivalent to the ctrl key in Windows. BibleWorks with CrossOver yields the same results: if Crossover is displayed in the menu, you can get the popup copy window to open and copy your verse(s), but then it will say that it can't locate the Word program.

However, you should be able to do this: when in Parallels, use your usual "ctrl/shift/b" then when the popup window comes up, go into in "Favorites" and check the option "copy to clipboard"; from there, you can then do a "cmd/v" in your word processor and it will copy your verse into it. To save a little time and hassle, you can also click on "configure copy popup favorites" and, under "where to copy", check "clipboard". It's not ideal, since you'll have to open the window while in BW and then go back to your Word program. But it can be done that way.

I have to say I've always used the usual copy and paste function in Mac. Even before switching to Mac, that's the way I tended to do it.

Blessings,

Donald Cobb
    Aix-en-Provence, France