Thread: Bibleworks 7 for sale

Default Bibleworks 7 for sale

I have Bibleworks 3.5 and it fulfilled my needs as a layman for a long time. I recently purchased bibleworks 7 from someone in Wisconsin (thought I could use a more up to date program than Bibleworks 3.5). But I find that it is way to much for my needs and would like to post it for sale if anyone knows someone looking for it, let me know. I would like to sell it for $159.00. The going price of Bibleworks 9 is $359.00 and to upgrade from 7 to 9 is $199.00. The Bibleworks is deregistered with Bibleworks and the license agreement would be transfered to the new owner. Thank you Michael Hanel and BKMitchell for your responses, very helpful for a first time forum user.
    Last edited by dschopp; 09-26-2012 at 11:09 AM. Reason: edited due to responses to first post

Quote Originally Posted by dschopp View Post
    I have Bibleworks 3.5 and it fulfilled my needs as a layman for a long time. I recently purchased bibleworks 7 from someone in Wisconsin (thought I could use it more than 3.5). But I find that it is way to much for my needs and would like to post it for sale if anyone knows someone looking for it, let me know. I will sell for exactly what I paid for it, which is $200. I hope this is the proper place to post this.
    As far as I know, BW hasn't stopped people from re-selling BW here on the Forums (as most of the other software companies do). I don't want to harm your transaction, but that price seems pretty high. If someone wants BibleWorks, I don't know why they wouldn't want the latest version with all of the updates, latest additions, etc. If one were to buy your copy for $200, and decided they wanted to upgrade, the cost for upgrading to 7 to 9 is currently priced at $199. So a person would be paying $200 for BW7, and then 199$ to upgrade to BW9. But BW9 itself resales for $359 for those starting from scratch, which is less than the cost of upgrade added to the cost you are asking for. I'm sure someone might say that BW7 is all they want, but I think they'd be missing out on a lot.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Quote Originally Posted by dschopp View Post
    ... I recently purchased bibleworks 7 from someone... and would like to post it for sale if anyone knows someone looking for it, let me know... I hope this is the proper place to post this.
    Welcome to the BibleWork forums,

One, when, you 'purchased' BibleWorks 7 did you and that 'someone' make sure to contact BibleWorks so that the license agreement for BibleWorks7 was legally transferred and registered to your name? If, not then anyone who receives BibleWorks7 from you will be unable to upgrade should he/she desire to.

Two, I am guessing that the majority of BibleWorks forum users have already acquired licenses for BibleWorks9, or at least version 8. So, I think you might have better luck selling an ancient version of BibleWorks on Ebay or the Craigslist.
    Brian K. Mitchell
    חפשו בתורה היטב ואל תסתמכו על דברי
    http://www.adfontes.mitchellbk.com/